09 crf450 vs 2010 yz450f

I know a few of you guys have ridden the 2010 yz450f, and i think we need to know how you compare it to the 09 crf450.

is it in the same class, better, or more like an 08 crf450?

So far i dont believe there is anything close to a 09 or 10 crf450 in flickability and handling, but has yamaha really stepped up to the plate this time, or is it all hype?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have owned (6) Hondas in the last eight years, and currently have a 09 CRF450 that I am extremely happy with, after getting the suspension dialed in and the EFI remapped. I had the opportunity to ride the 2010 YZ450 a few days ago, and must admit that I walked away impressed. Although the bike is ~7 pounds heavier, it was not noticeable, actually feeling Honda like in the air. The bike felt light and predictable over jumps, cornered tighter than the Honda, has slightly more low-end hit, comparable midrange and much less topend. I was amazed at how well the Yamaha worked right out of the crate with no apparent stability or stink bug issues. I feel that they hit a home run.

I plan on waiting for the 2011 line-up, and if Honda doesn't modify it's frame geometry will definitely consider the Yamaha.

You may have different offset clamps, longer/shorter swinger, etc in '11 but I'd be willing to bet the '09/'10 frame is here to stay for a bit.:excuseme:

I don't mind, I'm one of the ones that prefers it.

they say that the geometry was designed close to/same as mcgraths 93 cr250 frame. the best frame yet.

Isnt the 10' RMZ 450 just BNG?

Suzuki announced that it’s refreshing the motocross line-up, as the RM-Z450 model has undergone thorough revisions for 2010. The Japanese manufacturer improved the engine performance and also brought changes to the chassis which is said to offer laser-accurate steering and high speed stability.

Cam profiles and cylinder-head porting were also revised, offering improved performance across the rev-range. According to europeanmotornews.com, one of the most important change is the improved camchain tensioner, providing more consistent performance as well as a new throttle linkage making low-speed response more progressive.

The 2010 model brings a two-piece design headstock that is 9mm taller than on the previous model, wider rear frame-sections and a wider upper frame bridge. The 2010 RM-Z450 also has smaller updates, including a revised fuel-injection system, featuring a reversed throttle-valve movement, to increase power and throttle response.

RM-Z450’s Showa suspension has also been improved, offering new spring and damping rates front and rear. The 47mm inverted forks offer optimum wheel travel with compression and rebound damping, while the Showa fuel tank shock gives both high-and-low-speed compression damping for an improved overall traction.

The frame welding and rear link are different, and on a dyno are up by 2.8hp

wow...impressive!

Does it rev further this year or still hit that rev limit "brick wall"?

Just wondering, I felt the old RMZ engine competitive in power, just not "range"

To me the Suzukis just dont impress me! I guess after the 08' RMZ 450 hype and then the 1 year let down. just my opinion

true,

but we have to judge the bike for what it is today, and thats all that counts.

i believe that because the rmz450 was such a good bike, gives credit to chad reed's close second finish in sx this year.

bubba looked like he was struggling with the yzf at times. but it says nothing for the 2010 yzf.