Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Iron City with Team Turtle

Went there last Saturday and had a good time. Here is what the place looks like for those that haven't been before. This place was right off I-85 close to the NC / SC border. Had alot of fun http://vimeo.com/7845942

Your supposed to tell us about rides like this before they happen Ron. :excuseme:

J/K, but I'd love to ride there again when there's not 80 bikes on the track at one time.

How did you like the CRF250? Or are you pumpkin orange thru and thru?

A cr250 would be awesome on that track. j/k

Sorry I missed, we had family stomack flu. Yuck!

Heading to Brushy tomorrow.

I like the Orange koolaid too much.... Patricks 250 four Stroker was much more refined and easier to ride than the Honda, even though the honda felt stronger.

I know a couple of the pro riders in the NCHSA have gone to KTM 250 four strokes as play bikes and even racing them and now I see why, they aren't bad. I would want a touch more grunt though, maybe a 300-350 cc engine would do the trick.

That's a big 4 real doe...glad you had fun Ron, it's all about that...

See you chicken heads at Brown in the morning - 9:30 eta sayin.

the track doesnt look too hard, might be fun to me since i dont like jumps. though my woods suspention wouldnt like the jumps too well. its onyl about 45 minutes from me.

nice video:thumbsup:

the track doesnt look too hard, might be fun to me since i dont like jumps. though my woods suspention wouldnt like the jumps too well. its onyl about 45 minutes from me.

nice video:thumbsup:

I thought you lived in mooresville ? If you live in mooresville is probably closer to 1.5 hours for ya because its about 40 minutes from my house :excuseme:

I thought you lived in mooresville ? If you live in mooresville is probably closer to 1.5 hours for ya because its about 40 minutes from my house :banghead:

yes i live in mooresville. Its definatly not 1.5 hours away. We can get to greenville SC in 1.5 hours, and blacksburg is about halfway between here and greenville. I used to drive by every week as I had hockey practice in greenville.

I thought you lived in mooresville ? If you live in mooresville is probably closer to 1.5 hours for ya because its about 40 minutes from my house :banghead:

It only took Trevor and me like and hour and 45 minutes from Thomasville haha

But yeah, that's a pretty fun track. Nothing major out there, but its nothing too easy either. I liked it. If it was just a little closer I would probably go more often.

yes i live in mooresville. Its definatly not 1.5 hours away. We can get to greenville SC in 1.5 hours, and blacksburg is about halfway between here and greenville. I used to drive by every week as I had hockey practice in greenville.

what plane are you on ? It takes 1.5 to get to greenville from belmont. 30-40 over the speed limit ?

what plane are you on ? It takes 1.5 to get to greenville from belmont. 30-40 over the speed limit ?

not so, maybe im not talking greenville greenville. Greer SC exit 54 I-85. but I can assure that it doesnt take more than 50 minutes to get to iron city. Keep in mind that that section of 485 is open which shaves off about 15 minutes from going down to exit 13 I-77 and through all that traffic down there.

not so, maybe im not talking greenville greenville. Greer SC exit 54 I-85. but I can assure that it doesnt take more than 50 minutes to get to iron city. Keep in mind that that section of 485 is open which shaves off about 15 minutes from going down to exit 13 I-77 and through all that traffic down there.

maybe I just drive like a grandpa :banghead: anyone know when they may have an open practice day ? Its about the closest thing to my house and would be better than the not riding I am doing right now :cheers: Note that mapquest says 2 hours 6 minutes to greenville from m-ville . http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Mooresville&1s=NC&1y=US&1l=35.584702&1g=-80.810303&1v=CITY&2c=Greenville&2s=SC&2y=US&2l=34.852501&2g=-82.394203&2v=CITY I knew I didn't drive that slow :worthy: And here is from M-Ville to Blacksburg

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Mooresville&1s=NC&1y=US&1l=35.584702&1g=-80.810303&1v=CITY&2c=Greenville&2s=SC&2y=US&2l=34.852501&2g=-82.394203&2v=CITY#b/maps/m:map:6:35.215391:-81.603122::::::1:1::::/l:::Mooresville:NC::US:35.584702:-80.810303:city::1:::/l:::Blacksburg:SC::US:35.121101:-81.516098:city:Cherokee+County:1:::/io:1:::::f:en_US:M:/bl:/e

Dover.... you ain't figured it out yet? Dude drives a fricking Shelby Cobra!!! How long you think it would take to get there in a car that goes from 0 to 100 back to 0 in 10 seconds?

I had a good time there, I would be game for going again. What I liked was you could ride for 15-30 minutes, then pull off and take a break and watch the other guys hitting it. Plus it wasn't far from home for me.

Dover.... you ain't figured it out yet? Dude drives a fricking Shelby Cobra!!! How long you think it would take to get there in a car that goes from 0 to 100 back to 0 in 10 seconds?

you got that right:thumbsup:

mapquest can say all it wants, I just know it doesnt take that long. Traveling down there once a week was not my cup of tea so we made it there as fast as possible. definatly not more than an hour to iron city! not trying to start anything, just saying:excuseme:

IC is 45 min from belmont. took me that from the backside of mount holly but the extra 10 minutes it should of taken me is made up by my lead foot.

there are no open practices at IC except for days before a race, they are done for this year. I was able to rent out the track for this private day. Ive done IC, cathys creek, mike andrews, and a few other places. Most track owners are cool to the idea, you just have to pony up the cash and be set on a date and time, track prep, and how many riders. Im glad you guys had a good time, like i said its what i do it for. not everyone wants to go to a practice day at a track and risk getting landed on or have their young son/daughter taken out by some 17-year old who thinks hes the next james stewart. slower riders have the right of way. saftey, and having fun is the priority! good times for sure, and patrick's hamburgers were awesome.

going to watch the video now...laptop+aircard=slow download!

Edited by mx_racer32

mx_racer32 rocks when it comes to setting these things up. I missed this past one but was at the past 2 Cathey's Creek get togethers.

Good people, good food and plenty of safe riding.

Ivan

IC is 45 min from belmont. took me that from the backside of mount holly but the extra 10 minutes it should of taken me is made up by my lead foot.

there are no open practices at IC except for days before a race, they are done for this year. I was able to rent out the track for this private day. Ive done IC, cathys creek, mike andrews, and a few other places. Most track owners are cool to the idea, you just have to pony up the cash and be set on a date and time, track prep, and how many riders. Im glad you guys had a good time, like i said its what i do it for. not everyone wants to go to a practice day at a track and risk getting landed on or have their young son/daughter taken out by some 17-year old who thinks hes the next james stewart. slower riders have the right of way. saftey, and having fun is the priority! good times for sure, and patrick's hamburgers were awesome.

going to watch the video now...laptop+aircard=slow download!

please put me on the list for the next one you do ! I am a noob to mx and would love to not have to fear the 14 year old on his dads kx450 trying the 200' triple for the first time while I am riding under him :banghead:

i'll add you to the list, if you can help me convince ron to take me up in his aeroplane...man that looks like so much fun. always wanted to be a pilot, childhood dream. even wanted to go to embry riddle. just never made it happen.

heres a slidwshow of some pictures i took

and a vid (sorry youtube killed my audio) from cathys creek last summer