Sedona MX tires?

Has anyone used Sedona MX tires?

I saw them at my local MX shop and the price would be really hard to pass up - ~$100 for the set. Plus, the tread design actually looks really cool, too.

http://www.sedonatires.com/product/product.php?product=MX887IT%20Offroad

mx887it-offroad.jpg

Anyone have any opinions on these?

I just can't really afford the $140ish for tires right now and honestly, don't know if I'll really know any difference... I don't competitively race, and am mostly on trails.

Care to elaborate?

MS3's are good for freshly tilled and unscathed soil, preferably fluffy with a good amount of woodchips thrown in or what we call perfect traction turf and the only place I found that type of dirt was at Unadilla. The MS3 pushed in corners, rolled the knobs rounded off quite fast and really struggled in almost perfect conditions. I had to put 16+ lbs of air in them to get any kind of change in traction. Now the Maxxis IT tire was great in all types of terrain wore very well and really seemed to track corners alot better. The only bad part was when the front tire became too hard for traction. One day it was fine the next it was garbage. I will buy them again.

MS3's are good for freshly tilled and unscathed soil, preferably fluffy with a good amount of woodchips thrown in or what we call perfect traction turf and the only place I found that type of dirt was at Unadilla. The MS3 pushed in corners, rolled the knobs rounded off quite fast and really struggled in almost perfect conditions. I had to put 16+ lbs of air in them to get any kind of change in traction. Now the Maxxis IT tire was great in all types of terrain wore very well and really seemed to track corners alot better. The only bad part was when the front tire became too hard for traction. One day it was fine the next it was garbage. I will buy them again.

My guess is your experience is probably more track, but have you tested the Maxxis IT (on the rear) in mud?

My guess is your experience is probably more track, but have you tested the Maxxis IT (on the rear) in mud?

Yeah, its a good all around tire. I know alot of the northwest guys like to use the Maxxis IT desert because of its durability in the rocks and it gets good traction in the mud.

do you often mix brands? I have found that tires work best when in pairs and I get better longevity out of them as well.
Really? I don't think anyone I know runs f/r matching sets.

Enduro riders around here like the Mich M12 (F) and S12 ®

I was running D754 or Mich S12 or Maxxis SI (F) and D952 or Maxxis SI ® with success. Couldn't keep S12 or Kenda Millville rears from chunking so I will not buy them again. I just bought a Mich M12 to try out on the front.

Never been advised to buy a matching set. Though different parts of the country...maybe different reasons? I just don't see it mattering much.

I did see the Sedona for the first time at a shop a week ago...asked around and no one seemed to have tried them so I passed.

Really? I don't think anyone I know runs f/r matching sets......

Never been advised to buy a matching set. Though different parts of the country...maybe different reasons? I just don't see it mattering much.

MXA started that crap about mixing brands 24 yrs ago and of course the masses read it and believed it. (I was one of them) and then they did it again about 10-15 yrs ago with the 756's. Every bike they test rode immediately got a 756 and they stuck with the Bridgestone M77rear. They pimped those tires out big time and who were the 2 biggest advertisers at the time?????. Then I spent some time with a road racing team talking about tires and how important it is to swap in pairs because of the tires design is to compliment each other. Needless to say I buy in pairs, do 100+hrs of MX each year and only swap my tires once a year.