Sign in to follow this  

Polaris noisy scrambler

I have a 2000 scrambler 500 left side case sounds like drive belt is hitting it or something. it makes a scraping sound until the quad gets out of idle speed.Does the belt need replaced or the side case.I fear that while riding my kids they put their foot on the case and now it hits. any suggestions??? thanks in advance.

I have a 2000 scrambler 500 left side case sounds like drive belt is hitting it or something. it makes a scraping sound until the quad gets out of idle speed.Does the belt need replaced or the side case.I fear that while riding my kids they put their foot on the case and now it hits. any suggestions??? thanks in advance.

I have a 99 sometimes you have to loosen the belt cover locating bolt/s and tease the cover around to stop rubbing. ps you could have a loose engine or trans mount/bolts.

the cover is not the worst to get off, tho you have to make it easy by removing the mud flap area behind the footwell and then the cover can be wiggled out by first removing all the bolts (i think 3/8 socket does it).. i like to use a long extension with a makita type drill ( i have a socket adaptor), since they are like wood thread, fast and easy, might need a wobbler in a spot or two.. then you can see if anything is falling off or a belt slapping...go from there..