0:60hrs OBX ABANDON SHIP! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Our family Thanksgiving weekend was intereupted at 2:00AM this morning with the arrival of a full on gale. Woke up at 6:30 to 50mph winds and our rental house surrounded by 2ft of water. Woke a very sleepy wife, 3 teenage boys and a very nervous dog with a call to all hands on deck. My windsurfing gear was floating all over the place. Waded through 3ft of water with the boys collecting our kit, while my 1st Mate organized all dry goods for an emergency efac.

Our caravan pulled out within 20min and headed north, only got 2mi and encounterd deeper flooding. We found a small market that was high and dry and went in slugged down hot coffee and changed into dry clouthes.

We were advised to hang tight cause the wind was supposed to slack off. Good advice, we are back in the house, had more hot coffee and apple pie from TG's dinner.

Want to take a nap but I'm cranked on too much coffee.

Drink Up, Me Hearties. YoHo!

Sun is shinning and I can see the drive way......

Where the heck do you live and why? :bonk::excuseme:

I am just kidding................any pics?

LOL, why does this not surprise me....

Yeah, I saw on the news last night that OBX (Coastal islnd off norther North Carolina - Wright Bothers/Kitty Hawk is the southern tip) was being battered. Will be awsome windsurfing today though!

Arrgh,

The internet has been down, just got back on the grid. My wife is catching up on lost sleep, the boys took the dog over to the ocean. All wet creatures were blown dry by the time they got back to the house. I found my bottle of JD and managed to put this adventure behind me. Went through the drill one more time with the crew and have just poured myself another bit of grog.

Me thinks, a nice turkey sammich and a nap!

Wow......At least you woke up in time......Good to hear all is now well.

I`l second the pic`s req.....:excuseme::thumbsup:

Erling

It was still pretty dark at 0600 and bags were being packed at a fair quick pace. The digital crap was packed 1st and therefore was at the bottom of the pile in one of the two cars we had with us. Two or three hrs later 3/4 of the water had drained back into the sound.

Wife had a huge nap and headed for the kitchen to make turkey soup, it's smelling purty good in the house about now.

This whole event was kind of a ho hum deal for the locals.

Now, if Wiliam1 was any kind of a friend he'd have Mrs.Wiliam make me a 12 layer cake and deliver it just to ease my fraziled nerves that would be great.

Glad to hear things returned to the relative level of normalcy.

Born in Jacksonville NC, These things happen but a great place to live and play. Awesome fishing !!!!

How close were you to the beach? I guess thats why most of those rentals were sitting like 10ft above ground last time i was down there. Glad to see everything was ok

Hows the bike?

Do google maps and find Frisco, NC. Osprey St, When the sound was calm the water was about 200ft off the front deck. When the wind came up, the water was under the house and out to the main rd RT12 about 18" deep. A little more than knee deep in the front yard. Once the NW wind backed off from 50mph to around 25-30 the water drained back into the sound.

The Atlantic Ocean was about 600yrds to our East.

I assume you are home now, safe and secure and the Crab Cake turkey was good!

Yep back home. Got the trailer reconfigured for the roll out to warmer waters Tue. Willing to make you a tofu burger on the grill for lunch tommorow. give me a call in the AM.

Tofu.... my God man, have you lost your mind? There are children reading this forum!

However......... one of your regular super burgers would be delicious..... I have to go to the Doctors and the bicycle store (need spokes and a spoke wrench). I'll call you in the morning. :banghead:

Tofu.... my God man, have you lost your mind? There are children reading this forum!

However......... one of your regular super burgers would be delicious..... I have to go to the Doctors and the bicycle store (need spokes and a spoke wrench). I'll call you in the morning. :cheers:

Building your own bike wheel Will.....:banghead::thumbsup:

Erling

Happy to do the real deal. see ya!

I think I saw OBX in the movie 2012 couple days ago...

Building your own bike wheel Will.....:banghead::thumbsup:

Erling

Been mnt bike riding every day since June. My knees are so messed up that walking is difficult. I take my dogs out for one to two runs every day hence my bicycle. Recently noticed the back wheel had a wobble. Come to find a few spokes snapped.

Happy to do the real deal. see ya!

Way cool. I'll call in the morning.