Sign in to follow this  

Big Bore at current odo reading

I have a DRZ400s with 11000 miles that I'm very deligent about doing matenience on. If I installed a 434 big bore at this time could I concievably make it to 40,000 before having the whole motor top and bottom looked at?

That would depend entirely on you.

How you ride it, how you maintain it...

I have built singles that have gone that far. It just depends.

That would depend entirely on you.

How you ride it, how you maintain it...

I have built singles that have gone that far. It just depends.

I change the oil every 800 miles, but I do ride it fairly hard on and offroad.

Interesting, I'm in the same boat w bryanc.

So with a 434 bore kit installation at 10k miles...replace the timing chain, and replace the valves/springs based on this mileage? I was thinking if my valve clearances are still in spec I would just leave the valve train alone other than inspection and confirming clearance post assembly. comments/suggestions?

So with a 434 bore kit installation at 10k miles...replace the timing chain, and replace the valves/springs based on this mileage? I was thinking if my valve clearances are still in spec I would just leave the valve train alone other than inspection and confirming clearance post assembly. comments/suggestions?

I was thinking the same thing, also, I was wondering why the mcct needs to be replaced and if it would need to be regardless of what year DRZ you have. Mine is an 04'.

There is really no need to change the Cam chain...unless it is stretched from miles of usage with the ACCT. When My BB was installed by the CIC....(Chief In Charge:smirk:) at 8500 miles I asked the exact same question, and was told just that....And as far as the valves with that amount of mileage it was not time for new valves and springs till the next step...:banghead::thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing, also, I was wondering why the mcct needs to be replaced and if it would need to be regardless of what year DRZ you have. Mine is an 04'.

I think that Mickey was referring to replacing the ACCT with the MCCT if you haven`t all ready......:cheers::thumbsup:

Erling

Mine is an '06 SM. Did the TT manual cam chain tensioner at around 7k.

I mostly want to do the BB kit as it sometimes sounds like piston slap under light acceleration..enough that it bugs me so I don't ride it much anymore.

I have never inspected the starter stuff or the primary. Just does not seem like that type of noise. I did do the drive sprocket loctite fix fyi.

The noise started a while after I did the fcr..I figure if it runs that much better it has to be harder on it. I do run it pretty hard and it's seen a lot of freeway miles, always serviced/Motul. thanks all.