Heaviest innertubes?

bridgestone makes a ULTRA HEAVY DUTY tube, i run them and love them.

i'm also running UHD's...the suckers are HEAVY but they survived me mounting the tires :excuseme:

i'm curious wut they look like after a set of tires and if they can be reused...if not i'll probably only use one up front after this set.

:bonk:

Speaking of tubes, boy am I pissed. I got a flat when riding a few weeks back. I removed the wheel and took it down to a local shop. They replaced the tube, I reinstalled the wheel, and the thing went flat less than a day later though I only took the bike on a brief jaunt with no hard riding.

Pissed off, I swore I'd never go back to that shop, so I took it to another more expensive place- the dealer! They told me 45 minutes so I went to run an errand. I got a message from them saying that they found the valve was loose and that the tire would hold air, so they tightened it and didn't charge me. Well, they DID charge me, just not for the tube. I specifically asked them if they were sure there was no leak. They did. I'll be damned if the thing did not even hold air for a day. So, now the wheel has to come off for a THIRD time. I was using these bike shops to save time. It has ended up costing me much more time and money than I could have ever saved doing it myself. I am fricking FED UP with these hack clowns.

Speaking of tubes, boy am I pissed. I got a flat when riding a few weeks back. I removed the wheel and took it down to a local shop. They replaced the tube, I reinstalled the wheel, and the thing went flat less than a day later though I only took the bike on a brief jaunt with no hard riding.

Pissed off, I swore I'd never go back to that shop, so I took it to another more expensive place- the dealer! They told me 45 minutes so I went to run an errand. I got a message from them saying that they found the valve was loose and that the tire would hold air, so they tightened it and didn't charge me. Well, they DID charge me, just not for the tube. I specifically asked them if they were sure there was no leak. They did. I'll be damned if the thing did not even hold air for a day. So, now the wheel has to come off for a THIRD time. I was using these bike shops to save time. It has ended up costing me much more time and money than I could have ever saved doing it myself. I am fricking FED UP with these hack clowns.

Do your own tire changes. This handy norge creation consists of a weight rack, preacher curl and tire changer all in one! Very stable when rack is full of weights. Think I can market this? The Swedes and the Irish would probably buy it.

DSC005911.jpg

I plan on doing my own tire changes, I just don't have the proper area or equipment right now. This is the last time I'll be taking it in.

Proper area and equipement?! :cheers:

What will you do if you are on the trail and flat? Get you some tire irons and have at it. The driveway is the perfect spot to do tire changes... good practice and it entertains the neighbors:lol:

Seriously, there are a lt of "how to" videos on tires changes. Google up a few and giterdone.:banghead:

Not sure who makes the thickest,but mine are Michelin 4 milimeter thick tubes ,,i was pleasantly surprized at the quality,very durable...:banghead:

Brian

I think the bridgestones are 4 mm too.

I use "tuff strips" in my bicycle tires, super tough plastic strip lines the tire, nothing can get through. Wonder if there is such for dirt bikes?

I am planning to attend the Adv Rider nOOb ride in death Valley at the end of March (#65 on the list). In preparation, I picked up some UHD front and rear tubes from Bridgestone. They were WAY bigger than I expected, and there is NO way I'm getting them into my pack as spares. So I plan to install them for the ride and keep the old tubes as spares.

After reading up on DV rides, I figured maybe a couple extra sets of spare tubes would be a good idea. So I went out and got some Double Tough "Performance Quality Tubes". :banghead:

Bridgestone UHD and Double Tough standard rear 18" tubes:

Rear-UHD.JPG

Bridgestone UHD and Double Tough standard front 21" tubes:

Front-UHD.JPG

I purchased the Double Tough tubes because they are small and light for spares on the trail. But the difference between the UHD and standard tubes is substantial. I can't believe how heavy the UHD's are. I can see that it will be UHD's for me from now on.

yup UHD's are like a tire within a tire...both in weight and toughness :worthy:

i put 6-7oz of slime in mine w/~12psi :banghead:

i even bent my front rim pretty gud, been chunk'n my outter knobs on the Scorp Pro'a bounce'n off roots and rocks but no pinch flats :ride:

:cheers:

Proper area and equipement?! :cheers:

What will you do if you are on the trail and flat? Get you some tire irons and have at it. The driveway is the perfect spot to do tire changes... good practice and it entertains the neighbors:lol:

Seriously, there are a lt of "how to" videos on tires changes. Google up a few and giterdone.:banghead:

Sure, I could work on the tire out in the driveway in 30 degree weather- no thanks. I am in a temporary residence with no shop or garage to work in, so I'd be outdoors fumbling around with a cold tire and shitty tire irons. It was worth it to me to take it in. Unfortunately, the bike shops are run by a bunch of tools. The MO seems to be "hire a bunch of young punks with sideways baseball caps and gigantic attitudes with little knowledge of motorcycles, and even less skills to actually work on them".

Sure, I could work on the tire out in the driveway in 30 degree weather- no thanks. I am in a temporary residence with no shop or garage to work in, so I'd be outdoors fumbling around with a cold tire and shitty tire irons. It was worth it to me to take it in. Unfortunately, the bike shops are run by a bunch of tools. The MO seems to be "hire a bunch of young punks with sideways baseball caps and gigantic attitudes with little knowledge of motorcycles, and even less skills to actually work on them".

Get creative. When I was a single guy living in an Army barracks back in the 80's, I had my DR250 in my barracks room... in pieces. Until my First Sergeant caught me! When I got married and moved into family housing on post... small place with no where to work on bikes, my wife got used to the Dirt Rat being in the house. :banghead:

She's not so tolerant these days :cheers: