Front tire suggestions?

I need a new front tire soon on my 07 KX250f. The stock Bridgestones were OK, but the back got shredded very fast and my front is loosing knobs everytime I ride. I just put a Dunlop 756 on the back and I like it alot. I tried 756's back in 1999 or 2000 and I rember really hating the front. It seems that alot of people like the front. Maybe it's my riding style? I ride in Utah on every type of terain, both tracks and trails. I ride in the rocks often, but I never get flats, so I don't want a heavy tire. I'm not overly concerned about wear as long as the tire doesn't shed knobs constantly. I'm not looking for cheep either I just want a tire that hooks up. Any ideas?

Pirelli MT16 front. AND rear

Dwight, is it just me or does the mt16 front look exactly like the chinshin hard terrain. I have one on my bike, looks exactly the same.

Pirelli MT16 front. AND rear

What do you like about them? Looks like the front is DOT approved. I found some reviews and a lot of guys loved the rear but not the front.

Pirelli Scorpion Pro or Michelin M-12. Both are truely excellent front tires. I have gotten a little chunking out of the Pirelli, but it still grips like crazy.

Are there any disadvantages to a DOT tire? My bike is not plated, so I don't need the rating.

Dwight, is it just me or does the mt16 front look exactly like the chinshin hard terrain. I have one on my bike, looks exactly the same.

No, they don't look the same, Exactly. There is no such thing as a "HARD TERRAIN" C/S tire. What you are refering to is the C755 C/S which is a "COPY" of the old Metzeler Motocross / Enduro. It does not work nearly as good as the Metzler did or as well as the Pirelli MT16 does.

What do you like about them? Looks like the front is DOT approved. I found some reviews and a lot of guys loved the rear but not the front.

DOT means nothing to an offroad guy. Just means that it won't kill you on the street.

You are asking about hard terrain use and I am giving it to you. It is a great intermediate tire that works better on hard pack and rocks than does the Pirelli Scorpion Pro. Most are talking about use in softer terrain.

Dwight

I recently decided to give the MT16 a try... I ride a lot of varied terrain but most of it is hard... A lot of tire shredding granite...

See link to last ride...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852746

Anyway... I like the MT16, it performs very well... the back hooks up nice even works fairly well in the sandy washes. The front never seems like it wants to leave me on the hard stuff with that pea sized decomposed granite on top. I don't expect a tire to do everything AND last all year... But the MT16 does a pretty good job all around... takes a pretty good beating and doesn't spit knobs off. I'll be buying another one...:excuseme:

Dunlop 745. The best front tire I've used to date.