Sign in to follow this  

What exhaust (help)

Hi,

I have a new 2009 KLX 450r just run in. I am a bit (really) unimpressed with the performance and it sounds horrible and feels very sluggish (my DRZ went heaps better). I have removed the throttle screw on the carb and pea shooter. I am looking to purchase and exhaust that adds performance and sounds good. It appears procircut t4 is the most popular exhaust system however i also hear that the KX 450 system fits on well. Sound restriction is not an issue as i am a long way from others. What is the best value for money pipe either just slip on or full system you can offer. Anyone know anyone selling a KX450 system? I will keep you updated as to any improvements rigt now thinking i should have brought the WR 450.:excuseme:

Dan Burton

Australia.

Alot of us have the kx system, they work great on the KLX . Keep an eye on ebay for one thats what i did for less than 100 bucks

I have a new KX450 exhaust from the clamp back I have this exact pipe on my klx450 and difference over stock is phenominal about half the weight also let me know if you are interested...i ended up with 2 by mistake

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the stock KLX header will help retain your low end performance better than the KX or the aftermarket head pipe options. So if grunt is particularly important to you, you may not want to change out the front pipe.

I was going to swap out my header for an FMF Power Bomb, until I read a lot of comments about the stock header being the best low end option of the lot. Which is too bad because all the other pipes allow you to change the oil filter without removing the front pipe.

Thanks heaps for you input guys. And i realised that the jetting was all messed up got that sorted and away she went.

As for the pipe well i would be still in the market for a KX muffler however, i have some how managed to wrap myself around a tree at warp speed The MRI looks like i have Snaped the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments along with the medial and lateral colaterals in my left knee. I was only talking to the guy i was riding with about 5mins before about getting some POD knee braces. Hindsight???

Feeling pretty lowsy right now have a brand new 450 and a very sore knne and an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon. Right now i am looking at selling my bike and buying some knitting needles. Sad.

Thanks heaps for you input guys. And i realised that the jetting was all messed up got that sorted and away she went.

As for the pipe well i would be still in the market for a KX muffler however, i have some how managed to wrap myself around a tree at warp speed The MRI looks like i have Snaped the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments along with the medial and lateral colaterals in my left knee. I was only talking to the guy i was riding with about 5mins before about getting some POD knee braces. Hindsight???

Feeling pretty lowsy right now have a brand new 450 and a very sore knne and an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon. Right now i am looking at selling my bike and buying some knitting needles. Sad.

Howz the bike? :cheers:

Sorry to hear of your injury. Get well fast! :banghead:

Gotta admit though, kind of ironic. You shouldn't have compared the KLX to the DRZ. That's bad juju....

sorry to hear about your injury....hope you heal up fast....if you are still interested in the kx muffler let me know...jackc

Hi Dirk............125.00 is what i paid for it if that sounds fair-Jack