Sign in to follow this  

yamaha ever gonna update?

Not sure I want to spend half a day removing my carb a la ally framed WR :excuseme:

They haven't done any substantial updates for a while, I doubt they will. I think they're offering two strokes for amatuer class still and people like us who love them and use them for our own personal fun.

I've been told that the AMA no longer allows the two stroke to be on par or even sub-par with the pro class. So for 250cc pro not even a 125 is allowed.

It was interesting though, that doesn't seem right because I was watching the pro 250cc class on ESPN the other day in which there were a few riders with two strokes. They didn't say what bike, but you could hear them and see the exhaust to identify them...

WHAT UP WITH THAT?

well ud think theyd update especially being the only ones makin the smoker and now the 2strokes being allowed to race again...id love a 125 motor in the new 250f frame...

i was at a local race last month and there was 3 smokers runnin and they were in front every race... i cant bash a 4 stroke cuz ive never ridden one.. im 23 and my last bike was a 2001 yz125 when i was 14.. i wanna start riding again bad... just need to save some cash for a bike.. id like a 250 2 stroke but am in love with the new looks of the thumpers

well ud think theyd update especially being the only ones makin the smoker and now the 2strokes being allowed to race again...id love a 125 motor in the new 250f frame...

Why? Do you want a heavy 125:smirk:

since 01 the yz125 and 250 engine wise a basically the same right? just new frames

No, the 125 had a complete new engine in 05 with among other things a 6speed box.

They'll make more updates when we start buying more of them.

I can't think of anything they would do that would cause a huge surge in 2 stroke sales that won't take away from the sale of their 4 strokes.

BNG... that's all we'll get!

well its hard to buy any new 2 strokes from yamaha ive went to about every yamaha shop around here and cant find a new yz 125 any were and when you ask the dealers about them they look at you like your a complete reatrd and start tellin you about the new 4 strokes

well its hard to buy any new 2 strokes from yamaha ive went to about every yamaha shop around here and cant find a new yz 125 any were and when you ask the dealers about them they look at you like your a complete reatrd and start tellin you about the new 4 strokes

and the fact the price of the 125 and 250 is more then a new 250f so who would buy one? and no they wont update them

They are selling all of the few they produce, and the tooling has been paid for, so they see no need to 'upgrade' as of right now. When two-strokes make their 'comeback', if they ever do, then and only then, will Yamaha 'upgrade' the two-stroke models.

and the fact the price of the 125 and 250 is more then a new 250f....

Wrong....

2010 YZ125 MSRP-$6090

2010 YZ250 MSRP-$6990

2010 YZ250F MSRP-$6990

Wrong....

2010 YZ125 MSRP-$6090

2010 YZ250 MSRP-$6990

2010 YZ250F MSRP-$6990

That's msrp. Open up a cycle trader or go to ebay and see what you can find cheaper.

I think if Yamaha still produces 2 stroke in 2011 that they will update them w/ some parts from the 4 strokes like re valved suspension, new swing arm... but nothing major. They better because I don't want to see 3 yrs in a role of just BNG!!!

The onlly way 2 strokes will come back is if dealers stock them to give people a option to even buy one. Every dealer i go to only has one 2 stroke sitting there thats all. They dont get new ones in. This is just my opinion. If someone is new to riding and goes to by a bike its probably gonna be a four stroke casse they may not even know a two stroke exists.

how can the bike make a come back if its not even being offered

The onlly way 2 strokes will come back is if dealers stock them to give people a option to even buy one. Every dealer i go to only has one 2 stroke sitting there thats all. They dont get new ones in. This is just my opinion. If someone is new to riding and goes to by a bike its probably gonna be a four stroke casse they may not even know a two stroke exists.

how can the bike make a come back if its not even being offered

I totally agree with you on this. If the smokers aren't sitting on the showroom floors and the sales people aren't touting their obvious advantages for certain types of riding, there is simply no way possible for them to make a comeback. In a healthy worldwide economy they would still sell quite well if they were readily available. The reason that I say this is because modern era four-stroke MX bikes have been in circulation long enough now for several types of riders to realize that they are just not the right machine for their personal needs. There are lots and lots of weekend warriors out there that would really like to be able to shop around for a new two-stroke MX bike to modify for woods riding if all of the 'Japanese Big Four' dealerships kept them in their inventories; providing of course that they were still actually being manufactured and imported into countries such as the U.S.A.