2010 Honda CRF300X and 500X ... only in Italy

I am sure it has been pointed out on several occasions that there are 300X's and 500X's in existance ... yes Honda makes them but ONLY sells them in Italy.

http://www.hmmoto.it/ita/scheda.asp?idFam=1&idProd=143

My question is ... anybody know WHY Honda will not release these bikes in North America?? There MUST be a reason for this??

The tree huggers, and liberal whack jobs, wont ever let us enjoy these bikes. EPA standards would never allow them, period....and dont even mention Air Resource Boards and the like....maybe Obama will losen things up. Yeah and my names Bill Gates !!!

The tree huggers, and liberal whack jobs, wont ever let us enjoy these bikes. EPA standards would never allow them, period....and dont even mention Air Resource Boards and the like....maybe Obama will losen things up. Yeah and my names Bill Gates !!!

What the hell are you talking about?? What is with all the hate?

There is NO market for these bikes.

Besides, HM only sells about 5,000 total bikes a year! Honda sells 200 a day.

Every make has left over bikes going back 3 years.

Honda does not make them as you see them; they are modified with 'kits' by HM in Italy. There are tons of posts about the problems with these 'custom' bikes. They are stock, with a bunch of junk bolted on to them, to get people all excited about them. Apparently, that part worked.

Liberal Whack jobs?? EPA standards? I guess you've never heard of KTM and Husqvarna. They must be total sell-outs, then, huh.

The issue is not just with the 'governing bodies', it is with the Japanese culture. They do not, and will not, take risks in a market as fickle as street-legal dirt bikes. They also believe that one failed 'federalization test' and their whole product line could go under scrutiny. Failure = near-mortal shame in their culture.

I am sure it has been pointed out on several occasions that there are 300X's and 500X's in existance ... yes Honda makes them but ONLY sells them in Italy.

http://www.hmmoto.it/ita/scheda.asp?idFam=1&idProd=143

My question is ... anybody know WHY Honda will not release these bikes in North America?? There MUST be a reason for this??

No, Honda does not make those bikes. They are 'kitted' stock Hondas.

why not just make your 250 or 450 a 300 or 500?????

No, Honda does not make those bikes. They are 'kitted' stock Hondas.

That explains it ... thanks :excuseme:

I am surprised that Honda would allow them to mod their bikes and sell them as new. Would be a cool idea on this continent.

I would love to buy one already done up :bonk:

KTM does it to a lot of their bikes (ie 505 ... which is really a big bored 450 .... 144 which is a big bore 125, etc.) ... would kind of be cool if Honda offered the same. Damn!! :smirk:

don't let the tree huggers tell you what bikes to ride. if you want those bikes bad enough, fight for them.... not sure that they will keep you from having a crf300x and a crf500x...... why not just make one..?

Why all the hate? Are you kiddin?:bonk::lol::smirk::lol: Anyway, a 300cc or 500cc version of the X is very doable. It would only be 50cc either way from the 250X or 450X so I don't really see the point.....but that's just me.:excuseme:

Why all the hate? Are you kiddin?:smirk::lol::foul::lol: Anyway, a 300cc or 500cc version of the X is very doable. It would only be 50cc either way from the 250X or 450X so I don't really see the point.....but that's just me.:excuseme:

:bonk:

That bikes also $13605 according to x-rates.com. I think a big bore kit would be cheaper.

*ps*

Does it not bother you that there are literally thousands of motorcycle shops selling dirtbikes, because that creates revenue taxes, and long term dmv taxes...yet each year we lose invaluable riding areas. Should there not be a consideration to have more legal local areas within a certain distance of retail outlets that sell a product? What if you bought a sixpack of beer but had to drive 3 hours to drink it???

Great info in post #11, but lets try to stick to 4-stroke thumping instead of bible thumping.:excuseme:

Had no idea different manufacturers were being held to different standards???

Edited by supervokes

Nice to see I am being censored for having an opinion.... Wow

Being a memeber for nearly 5 years doesnt count for squat...but whatever

Nice to see I am being censored for having an opinion.... Wow

Being a memeber for nearly 5 years doesnt count for squat...but whatever

It's not that your opinion doesn't matter, it was just completely irrelevant to the original post. Try to avoid going off on flippant tangents and you might be heard :banghead:

Edited by Justin Hambleton

:ride::lol::foul::lol: Justicedone don't let it bug you, brother. There are better and happier things happening. :cheers::ride:

Can you tell us more about why Honda can't sell a 450X for a plate and KTM can sell a similar bike plate ready> What gives?:banghead::worthy:

Nice features on those things.

Electric start

Hour meter

sweet tail license plate

enduro chain

Did you see the CRE 125R? 125 2 stroke enduro bike with lights, kick stand 18" rear wheel, kayaba s'pension, digital odometer. Sweet.

I cant tell you much because my friend is VERY high up in Hondas R&D, and the info he gets daily, cant be shared with anyone...its a very serious job. He travels with all the top riders in motocross, baja, MotoGP etc. And even goes to the Top Secret test tracks and factories in Japan. He is a lucky dude whos almost constanly traveling and testing all brands of bikes, doing data, and managing the various teams/events as an engineer and project manager. Lucky for me, I do get a lot of really nice goodies from him each time he's visiting San Diego. I dont push him too hard for info on stuff because we are very good friends and its just too serious, and he cant talk about much..ya know. But he has told me on several occasions that Honda cant get the green light from the EPA and CARB to make a real CRFX based big bore dual sport, and thats its BS what KTM gets away with while the Japanese brands cannot. One thing that can help I would guess, would be a lot of emails and phone calls to Honda demanding a CRF550X Dual Sport and SuperMotard.

The Cre500x has the same bore and stroke as my Athena 490 kit...

Does anyone know what jetting they run ? Id like to try it in my 500...

I've organized enduro test on last October for our french forum. Hm was there with their 2010s' range. As i'm a 450X owner i can give you my feedbacks :

500X i was skeptical and i was wrong, tons of low, easier to ride than a 450, very usable for long off road drive compare with a 450 more racing like mine.

300X i got one for one week end, this bike runs with a Vertex kit and it is perfectly adapted for narrow tracks, weight of a 250 but runs better from low to end !

250R Efi yes it is the mx CRF-R with lights (more weight like a flywheel) "18, and Leo Vince as all 2010 Hm range. A lovely bike due to all new stuff from Honda (frame size, Efi)

See their website hmmoto.it

All Hm have license plate X and R

It is not the manufactures fault; look closer to home (politics and government)

It's all about the numbers & partnerships/politics

Look at the old Mitsubishi 3000 and the Dodge Stealth (same car and engine/ just rebadged and sold as a Dodge rather than a Mitsubishi)

Mitsubishi could only import so many cars before they were cut off and then Dodge stepped in and made a deal to rebadged them and sold them as new dodges. Both companies made money.

The bike market has no such partnership here in the US and has no one willing to make them a deal like that.

Look at what Honda did making an assembly plant here in the US now they can make the car here; and sell more of them because technically they were not imported cars (just parts)

Honda sells a crap load of bikes here and can only import so many bikes here into the US period.

Every country has some sort of restrictions on imports as they do to us for the items we send to there countries.

So be a little more realistic in your thinking that Honda won’t make the bike; they would in a heart beat if they could get them here to sell.

As to KTM they are still a small company comparatively speaking and they might be getting in under the wire (Good for them) it’s the American way after all) who do you think they got that from anyway)

If verbiage is everything they have learned the game quit well so far and are willing to be proactive in there sales.

They can’t rely on there good looks alone.

So it falls back to numbers really Honda sells a ton of bikes #’s and KTM doesn’t small #’s and it keeps there prices up for limited supply (see Supply and Demand in your text books)

And in a sick way Honda (and the other manufactures) are profiting on what KTM is doing in the dirt bike market raising the bike prices across the board.