Sign in to follow this  

Vancouversupermoto D/S kit

yeah, i checked out their website- they seem to love the XRR's- i know i do:ride:

does anybody know if/why their kits are superior to BD and the several others? i believe they custom make their own wiring harnesses

i would like to learn more about VMS:thumbsup:

Incase your not aware! Before you spend the money you may want to look into getting it approved for street use! The GOV just stated that unless the bike was already certified for the street from the factory you will no longer beable to get them insured for street use. I Called my local bike inspection shop and they said they would still inspect the bike and give it a pass but when you go to icbc to insure it you will get denied! Check it on google etc, there was a big news article about this a month ago. Just google insuring a dirt bike in bc or something like that. Hope this helps! SORRY didnt see that you were from the STATES.

GTXR, I was reading up on that and as long as you call your bike ""home made"" or custom it looks like it can still be good to go... my interpretation of it, not sure if it would work, would probably have to apply for a new vin too? I dunno.

Incase your not aware! Before you spend the money you may want to look into getting it approved for street use! The GOV just stated that unless the bike was already certified for the street from the factory you will no longer beable to get them insured for street use. I Called my local bike inspection shop and they said they would still inspect the bike and give it a pass but when you go to icbc to insure it you will get denied! Check it on google etc, there was a big news article about this a month ago. Just google insuring a dirt bike in bc or something like that. Hope this helps! SORRY didnt see that you were from the STATES.

Im thinking your in BC? Here in the states... I just brought home my new to me XR650R..called my insurance comp. Monday and added it to my policy, went to the DMV yesterday..paid property tax, Reg. fee and got my tags... :banghead::banana: the only thing they asked me was.. what kind of bike is it? like a Shadow or?? I said it was like a dual sport and they said.. oh, ok...

I've got both their kit and baja designs and I've gotta say I like the bd kit better. For some reason with the vsm kit I don't get full power to the headlight? I haven't had time to mess with it and probably won't get a chance to work on it for a few months but eventually I'll figure it out. The one plus to the vsm kit is that it has a built in plug in for a battery tender and a tach. Both nice features.

Edited by surpriserider

thanks for the replies.. went ahead and ordered the BDK..I know they are good guys and good to work with so.. Got the 250w stator upgrade being done as we talk and they are switching out the kit bulb to a 100/90 H/L (I think that's right) Ive already got the tag and reg. for the bike so eager to go..