09 450exc oil issue?

So I just returned from a three day desert trip and put about 350 miles on my bike (650 total miles so far and 21 hrs). I noticed the oil was low so I did the transfer prodlem check and everything was ok. I drained 900ml from the trani but only 400ml from the engine. The engine oil being low didnt concern me too much because of the high speeds we ran on this trip (80+ for long periods) and the bike is new so I figured it might use a little oil. What did concern me was the oil color. The trans oil was clearly used but still looked clean but the engine oil was very dark but it didnt smell burned. (I run mobil 4t) Anybody know if this is a problem? I removed all the smog crap and installed a plug in the the carb for the engine breather return line when i got the bike. I ran the engine breather tube to the T with the trani breather tube and then routed the tube down by the shock per instructions from the blais racing block off kit. I am wondering if I should run the engine and trani breather tubes seprately. Should these breather tubes have filters at the ends or one way check valves? I was wondering if I could have sucked a little dirt into the engine oil through the breather tube (I am not sure if that is even possible). This is my first desert ride with the bike. All the other rides have been one day mountain trips of 80 to 100 miles at slow speeds with no noticable oil issues. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ROCKSTAR12

Sounds like it got a little hot from all that high rpms. Your bike is still breaking-in so its still tight so it stressed the oil a little bit.

Sounds like it got a little hot from all that high rpms. Your bike is still breaking-in so its still tight so it stressed the oil a little bit.[/quote Thanks for the reply. I hope you are right. I guess i will keep a close eye on it. Hopefully others will a little hepfull info as well.:banghead:

Pull the plug and check if it's black and oily. Just to make sure. Clean plug hole carefully to remove and dirt debris before pulling plug.

Pull the plug and check if it's black and oily. Just to make sure. Clean plug hole carefully to remove and dirt debris before pulling plug.

Plug looks normal