Sign in to follow this  

XRR Excel rim laced to Honda spokes and hub?

Kind a new to the XRR.

I mangled my front rim. Can an Excel Taskasago rim be lace to a factory spokes and hub? Or use the Excel rim/spoke and factory Honda hub? If so which rim do I get, dimpled version?

Thx,

Aurora

Kind a new to the XRR.

I mangled my front rim. Can an Excel Taskasago rim be lace to a factory spokes and hub? Or use the Excel rim/spoke and factory Honda hub? If so which rim do I get, dimpled version?

Thx,

Aurora

Yes... if you order the correct Excel rim, as recommended by their application chart, no problem with stock spokes / hub. Google RK/Excel and find the application chart or go to your Honda Dealer.

woodys wheel works did the exact same thing for me and it worked well.I now use it for a spare as well as the stock rear. Went with rad hubs bigger spokes and excel A60 wheels. Stock hubs kinda suck, I was starting to pulthe spokes through the hub so the rear will work in a pinch. If I recall correctly honda uses less spokes in their wheels than everybody else.

Thx.

Are Talon hubs better than RAD hubs? I heard RAD was having problems with their hubs. Is this true?

Thx.

Are Talon hubs better than RAD hubs? I heard RAD was having problems with their hubs. Is this true?

Thx.

Aurora,

If you want "bling" then consider aftermarket hubs. The stock hubs are GREAT and even team Honda used them for years and years in Baja.

I don't have any knowledge on the RAD hubs but I do know the Talon hubs are proven.

One last note... if you decide to use the stock hubs you can file down the rough edges and casting lines and polish the hubs... they look pretty awesome with this done.

does anyone know if a stock hub can lace up to a 17" excel rim? I'm looking for the supermoto setup on the cheap. Stock hub and rim have 36 spokes and i've yet to find an excel rim with 36, seems they have 32 holes, thanks!