Was this a good idea

I just traded a 00 Blaster for a 01 ttr 125L. Im 6'1 220. I know itll be a little small, but its my first bike. Ive ridden them before, but never had one for my own. Was this a good trade? I mean, I dont wanna get a 250 and kill myself :excuseme: haha.

I just traded a 00 Blaster for a 01 ttr 125L. Im 6'1 220. I know itll be a little small, but its my first bike. Ive ridden them before, but never had one for my own. Was this a good trade? I mean, I dont wanna get a 250 and kill myself :banghead: haha.

If you want to get into to dirtbikes and you think the 125 is in good condition, then yeah it was a damn good deal. If you want to get competitive, you should get a 150 expert. Its a little bigger than the 125 and has more power.

Ride it until you're faster than it is, have a bunch of fun, then sell it & move up to a 230 or 250F

i had a suzuki drz125l it was slow as hell but made good use of it. Before i got rid of it for a 450 i was doin decent 15ft doubles with it.It was a fun bike. But i can honestly say it made steppin up to a bigger bike alot easier.

I just traded a 00 Blaster for a 01 ttr 125L. Im 6'1 220. I know itll be a little small, but its my first bike. Ive ridden them before, but never had one for my own. Was this a good trade? I mean, I dont wanna get a 250 and kill myself :banghead: haha.

Actually man, I don't like bringing bad news, but you sold yourself short.

Those blasters are no longer sold in the USA, for a quad rider to get an equivalent they have to buy a Raptor 250 four stroke.

Anyway, the Blaster has a giant fan base following because of how easy the bike is to work on and customize. Had you put that quad up on Ebay, you would have made a lot more cash then that TTR125L is worth.

People love that quad, thus price versus demand has had a drastic effect on it.

As far as your bike choice, not a bad idea for starting out.

I know the Blaster isnt made anymore, and it hurts a little to get rid of it. But every time I ride it it breaks on me. Plus Blasters are still a dime a dozen around here, so if I ever want another it wouldnt be hard to get one. I just feel like getting into bikes. And i didnt think it was a bad choice of bikes, either. I plan on stepping up, but I wanna get used to 2 wheels first.