New style ims gas cap

i just received my new 3.2 ims tank and cap this week

installed it thursday(btw it came yellowed from ims) rode that afternoon and after about one hour the motor sputtered and quit,i wouldnt start until i took the gas cap off then it started right up. it continued 3 more times until i got home.

today i checked the cap and it would not breath.

i had to drill a hole in it to get it to vent and then put a inline vent in the vent hose.

my question(should i hastle w/ ims about the cap-and about the pre yellowed tank they sent me.)????

was it a dry break style, with a screw cap adapter? (aluminum ring around cap?)

if so, you have to drill it out (per the instructions)

as far as the yellowing goes, that does not sound right. was it a discounted tank?

std. screw top tank.

tank was ordered from atv galaxy in ca. and shipped direct from ims.

Tank shouldn't be yellow. That doesn't sound right. You received the wrong screw cap - probably one for the dry break tank. Why did you buy the tank from ATV Galaxy and not directly from IMS?

Call IMS about the yellow tank - sounds to me like you bought a discounted tank that was probably considered "blemished." IMS rocks and they would NEVER sell something like that direct.

hey guys before you call IMS about the yellow tank let me worn you of this,I just built two new race bikes for the baja 1000 and personally drove to ims and picked up tanks,they in fact were yellow and i was like this isnt right,I asked about the yellow color and they said that they were having problems with the natural tanks cracking and that the new compounds used are yellower than before,so thats it believe me I would have liked to have a fresh whiter looking tank but as long as it doesnt leak,and it didnt im okay, Ims still makes the best products, ,justin did you see the 102x race bike in my box van at las palmas it had the new ims tank.................. BP

hey guys before you call IMS about the yellow tank let me worn you of this,I just built two new race bikes for the baja 1000 and personally drove to ims and picked up tanks,they in fact were yellow and i was like this isnt right,I asked about the yellow color and they said that they were having problems with the natural tanks cracking and that the new compounds used are yellower than before,so thats it believe me I would have liked to have a fresh whiter looking tank but as long as it doesnt leak,and it didnt im okay, Ims still makes the best products, ,justin did you see the 102x race bike in my box van at las palmas it had the new ims tank.................. BP

Good to know I'll get a black one now.:banghead: