Do you guys actually even ride your bikes?

So I have been pouring over the MRD threads trying to convince myself that I can live with the noise of the mrd/ssw vs the extra power it will give the old 434e. After looking at the pics it hit me like a ton of bricks, my bike looks like s#!t! Spotless bikes, no road grime, no scratches on the plastic, stainless fasteners, polished swing arms, hell even the underside of the rear fenders are spotless. I ride my bike 18miles to work every day that the snow isn't sticking, have full time job and a kid. How the hell do you guys do it?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing you have to realize... the guys with the nasty, dirty bikes aren't posting pics.

with that said... I do about 10,000 a year on my bikes... and the only one that doesn't look nice is my dirt bike. All the rest get a bath regularly.

unless youre a slob, you can have an immaculate bike, dirt or street. when we go riding we take a hose with us and is there is a hose bibb we take a rag and water to it to do the basics before leaving the park (if in a park, if not too bad). then before we get home stop at one of those outdoor car washes with a quarter insert and the wand. for 3 bikes we feed about 5 bucks into the machine. then when we get home we get very very hot water and some good old extra strength cleaner and clean (yes underneath fenders, under skid plate and I take an old tooth brush to the parts i cant get to). our bikes look awesome because we take pride in them. and no the above routine does not take a whole day to accomplish if we use a hose at a park, approx 15 minutes there for that, approx 15-20 minutes at car wash for that and approx 1/2 hour at home detailing. In reality only about 1 hr to 1 1/2 taking pride in something we own. we have alot of money invested into our bikes, mine has green rims, gold handlebars and if you dont take care of them why invest the money?

So I have been pouring over the MRD threads trying to convince myself that I can live with the noise of the mrd/ssw vs the extra power it will give the old 434e. After looking at the pics it hit me like a ton of bricks, my bike looks like s#!t! Spotless bikes, no road grime, no scratches on the plastic, stainless fasteners, polished swing arms, hell even the underside of the rear fenders are spotless. I ride my bike 18miles to work every day that the snow isn't sticking, have full time job and a kid. How the hell do you guys do it?

I think the reason you don't ride more, is because you have slicks on your rims. If you put some more aggressive tires on, you could go into some gnarly canyons and areas with dirt to actually have some fun on your bike. SM's look cooler than S's, but S's are way more fun, with the right tires.

I think the reason you don't ride more, is because you have slicks on your rims. If you put some more aggressive tires on, you could go into some gnarly canyons and areas with dirt to actually have some fun on your bike. SM's look cooler than S's, but S's are way more fun, with the right tires.

LOL. I think you might have me confused with someone else. I ride her hard on the street and dirt. I have put more miles on the bike than on my truck this year. I have a pressure washer give it a soapy rub down a couple times a month, but after a day or two It's dirty again. I dunno maybe I should be breaking out the scrub brush more but I don't have the time to wash the bike every two days especially when it is 30 degrees outside. I dunno maybe for me the bike is less an accessory and more a fun mode of transportation. Probably the same reason I don't have bling anodized parts on my bike.

Edited by HIX