Sign in to follow this  

Bridgestone 403/404 for CRF150F

I just picked up new tires for the CRF. Went with the 403/404 combo from Bridgestone.

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177-1.jpgThese seemed to hook up well on our recent trip to Cal City. No problems with chunking. I may try one on my DRZ now too.

Now I think I may have to look at the suspension on this bike. The rear shock feels a little sproingy on the trails.

I ran a 404 for the last 2 years as my rear, it held up great! I did go a year tooo long on it, but never chunked a knob off! Just wore down evenly, and while it was fresh provided great traction especially in the mud!

At the time I ran a 756 in the front

Just last week I got a set of Dunlop Geomax MX51's and love them also! The choice was between the 404/402 and 756's, but they quit making 756's, so I decided to try the 'new' tire for 2009

Loving it so far! Just hoping the rear will hold up like the 404 did! :excuseme:

edit: pics of the Mx51's, crappy pic, meant to take one BEFORE I rode it.. But was too excited to go ride haha

dsc07906q.jpg

dsc07907.jpg

Edited by Towlieee

Just last week I got a set of Dunlop Geomax MX51's and love them also!

Yeah, the MX51 was going to be my other choice. I run some 739's now on the DRZ and they wear well, but I can't help but think I could hook up better in front with a somewhat softer tire when we ride through sandy washes.

I didn't care much for the new Dunlop Geomax MX51. I had the tire on the rear of my KLX110 and it chunked badly. Didn't hold up at all, i wasn't too pleased with the grip either.

I didn't care much for the new Dunlop Geomax MX51. I had the tire on the rear of my KLX110 and it chunked badly. Didn't hold up at all, i wasn't too pleased with the grip either.

That's good to know. I had good experience with 756 in the past, so I thought the MX51 would be tough enough for the Desert.