why do 'others' hate us? (dirtbike riders)

as i have discovered, peolple (in my experience) outcast dirtbike riders. why is this? when i went for a ride with my little brother some old d-bag told us we had to stick to the formed road but i had a go at him correcting him saying no, it's a public road not a legal road then (meaning i can go as fast as i want, where i want) then as i go i ride past him in first and he yells though he cant do silt. all i did was get the revs up i mean any excuse!

My friend I dont know how it is in New Zealand but here in the good ole US your hated no matter what you do! If Im out riding my Motorcycle, the hunters, mtn.bikers, hikers, rangers, and whom ever else is out that day gives me dirty looks. Now if Im out riding my Mtn.bikes, the hikers, rangers and motorcyclist are on the hate'n end. Now if I have my pack on and Im traveling by foot, the rangers and mtn.bikers seem to be ok with it but my fellow motorcyclist seem to turn a nose up??

I dont worry about who's hating me that day because it really doesn't matter to me. If I let every a-hole thats not agreeing with my choice of hobby get to me and ruin my time out in the woods then my day has been wasted already. It seems in todays world where everybody is so damn anal & politically correct that if your not following >>THEIR<< life enjoyments to the T your doing something wrong. Just pay these people no attention and if their nice to you be nice back, if they want to be a p*%ck then give it right back to them and ride on:thumbsup:

I got your heirarchy of hate right here.

Hikers hate horses.

Horses hate mountain bikes.

Mountain bikes Hate dirt bikes.

Dirt bikes hate quads.

Quads hate rock crawlers.

Rock crawlers hate jeeps.

Jeeps hate long wheelbase 4x4.

Long wheel base 4x4 hate Hummers.

Conclusion: Hikers hate everyone and everyone hates Hummers.

regular people hat everything too

as i have discovered, peolple (in my experience) outcast dirtbike riders. why is this? when i went for a ride with my little brother some old d-bag told us we had to stick to the formed road but i had a go at him correcting him saying no, it's a public road not a legal road then (meaning i can go as fast as i want, where i want) then as i go i ride past him in first and he yells though he cant do silt. all i did was get the revs up i mean any excuse!

You think you've got it bad in NZ? Well, just wait till the retarded ramblers over there catch up with the retarded ramblers here (note, I'm not tarring all ramblers with the retarded brush, only the retarded ramblers) and all the do-gooding councillors over there catch up with the ones here! We're finding all our rights of way that we can ride on (i.e. roads used as public paths and byways open to all traffic) are disappearing and becoming bridleways. All for poxy nobby horse riders to churn up ten times worse than any motorcycle can.

And also.....roads used as public paths and byways open to all traffic that I have used for donkeys years for access to the village where I work have all been downgraded to sodding bridleways and byways NOT for mechanically propelled vehicles. I'm getting the stage where I'm going to say feck 'em all and just go exactly where I want with no reg plate!

Edited by Pedroski

atleast the police don't care over here about riding the coast beach, and bikes don't need to be registered to ride trails, but everyone hates dirtbikers except! teenage girls (the ones that don't ride horses and play cricket/rugby).

police here hate everyone between 14-25 or that ride....

when you are 15, you are evil and do drugs. well in everyone elses opinion.

who cares about anyone else who hates us its a family sport they just dont know because they dont do it alteast the girls love it:worthy:

Thats unlucky man! Over here in Skippy land, the cops aren't too bad, country cops are ok, but city ones are a pain in the a**. Country cops dont really worry too much as long as you have recreational registration, which lets you ride in the bush and not on main roads, roads way out of town are ok as long as they have no speed signs. But even riding through the middle of town, the country's dont care! City cops....will get you for everything, most have a pole up their a**. All these kids on illegal mini bikes have ruined it for everyone! Booo!

regular people hat everything too

I do hate horses though haha!

Sounds like someone has run into the law a few times.

where i am we got a whole new crew of cops that think they are super troopers or some gay shit. What makes me laugh is that they got raptor 350's to catch us "outlaws", so i just go WFO and braaaaaaaaaap away!:excuseme:

where i am we got a whole new crew of cops that think they are super troopers or some gay shit. What makes me laugh is that they got raptor 350's to catch us "outlaws", so i just go WFO and braaaaaaaaaap away!:excuseme:

Until you get caught sometime and face felony fleeing and some other charges.

My friend I dont know how it is in New Zealand but here in the good ole US your hated no matter what you do! If Im out riding my Motorcycle, the hunters, mtn.bikers, hikers, rangers, and whom ever else is out that day gives me dirty looks. Now if Im out riding my Mtn.bikes, the hikers, rangers and motorcyclist are on the hate'n end. Now if I have my pack on and Im traveling by foot, the rangers and mtn.bikers seem to be ok with it but my fellow motorcyclist seem to turn a nose up??

that's pretty funny. And correct. I've been a skinny punk thug, crewcut large marine, large longhair, skinny longhair, man walking pitbull, man driving hippy vw bus, man driving 4x4 with 38.5"s, man working out with MMA fighters (still am) man who is a pacifist(still am), man roadracing bikes, and now man on dirtbike. I have seen the same people give me 10 different looks. Screw em! I'm going ridin!

Until you get caught sometime and face felony fleeing and some other charges.

I've never actually known this to happen. Unless ya actually committed a real crime, I've only been treated like a punk, held up, hassled, ticketed...it really is a petty crime. Do as you think is best, but I always think you're better off just leavin. Act like ya didn't see them, and split quick. Most of the time, that's what they are really there for, to get you to go away. If I give them the chance to talk to me, I've invited myself to Mad Hadder's tea party.

I've never actually known this to happen. Unless ya actually committed a real crime, I've only been treated like a punk, held up, hassled, ticketed...it really is a petty crime. Do as you think is best, but I always think you're better off just leavin. Act like ya didn't see them, and split quick. Most of the time, that's what they are really there for, to get you to go away. If I give them the chance to talk to me, I've invited myself to Mad Hadder's tea party.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3707365&postcount=49

Should have found a better lawyer. Lightning strikes, but I'll change my ways if it actually hits someone other than an internet poster. My assumption is that there was more to the story.

:excuseme:

Should have found a better lawyer. Lightning strikes, but I'll change my ways if it actually hits someone other than an internet poster. My assumption is that there was more to the story.

:bonk:

The 100 mph run down a dirt road while evading didn't help much. The key is law enforcement can and will lay down heavy charges when you run. They don't like it and tend to make examples out of people. Of course running is your choice. I'd rather pay the small fine or tongue lashing for doing something stupid versus the possibility of multiple charges for running.

My friend was hit with charge stacking. He ran and he operated a motor vehicle on a public thoroughfare. Fleeing, evading, resisting arrest, improper registration, improper equipment, speeding, no insurance and whatever else they could think of. The DA was a real ass in this case since the city had been having trouble with dirt bikers. They confiscated his bike and revoked his driver's license. Finally his lawyer got most of it dismissed, the bike back and his DL reinstated but it cost him.

I personally got to be a guest of the Harrisonville, MO jail when I decided not to stop when I was speeding. A few weeks in jail and lots of fines got my attention as an 18 year old. I won't do that again. :excuseme:

I should prolly put my 'run' statement in context. I don't advocate running from the police on the street ever. Had a sport bike experience in Riverside that landed me in the klink, and co$t me. I wasn't running, but I was far in excess of 100mph, and they had a sting setup on the way to vegas that weekend. I also don't directly disobey any peace officer offroad. However, I do avoid them at all reasonable cost. I don't ride places that are known for being off limits, and authorities actively enforce it. That's just asking for it. I poach a local area, but I'm stealthy about it. What I will do, is ride by, or turnaround about-face without acknowledging their presence. And keep going. If I perceive them trying to come my way...I make a situational decision. If possible, I speed up and keep speeding up. Now, if it would just be assinine to take off and flee without it being obvious I was doing so...I'd stop. Avoid the confrontation is the easiest way.

Freedom here in Bolivia.Ride where u like when u like.Police never stop you even if you over take them on the rear wheel.Ride all the mountains no retrictions anywhere.People of the villages wave and smile as you tear past at 100 kmh in a cloud of dust.