Sign in to follow this  

A DRZ of sorts

I have been lurking on this forum for to long now, about time I show my face.

I recently bought an CCM FT35s, and although not a DRZ, this section of the forum is the most relevant to me as the lump is DRZ400E. My bike is the last FT to be sold by CCM, and as you know these were made in very limited numbers. Mine is number 117 of 120 bikes. Before I have always owned large capacity sport bikes, but this little baby rocks. I have never had so much fun on a motorcycle. As it is an '09 bike it's still under warranty so I cant mod it yet, but read with interest about the mods that are on this forum.

Everything on this bike is top drawer, WP front forks, Nitron rear shock, handmade frame and tank, Renthal fat bars, full Brembo brakes and so on. I love it, what do you think?

P1000209Small.jpg

P1000206Small.jpg

P1000204Small.jpg

P1000202Small.jpg

Pretty sweet. I remember the first time I saw one of those, kinda quirky but sweet.

Just like building a framer for flat track, but you can ride it on the road.

NICE

Hiya and welcome to TT, good to see another Brit, watch the Town Square forum tho --- they bite over there!

Nice bike, I'll post a pic of my DRZ shortly, I liked the CCM flat track look so much I copied it!! Still got the E bits for dirt if the Gasgas breaks down (again!) and the Gasgas is half DRZ anyway.

This is the first road test, new seat and front mudguard is under reconstruction and Ive still got to tidy up the rad mountings.

DSCN2831.jpg

Dan

DSCN2831.jpg

Dan

Dan- What tank are you using?

Bugs- Very nice. I would love to get my hands on that pipe! Is that tank Aluminum? Know where I could order CCM parts?

Dan- What tank are you using?

Bugs- Very nice. I would love to get my hands on that pipe! Is that tank Aluminum? Know where I could order CCM parts?

CCM will sell direct, I asked about the tank and rads .... I think the quote was pushing £800. http://ccmmotorcyclesuk.com/

I bought a cheap tank on ebay to play with, its off an XL 185 I think, Ive moved it back and up a bit since I took that pic to make more room for the rads and am currently re foaming the seat. The front mountings for the tank are challenge at the moment, I'm going to use jb welded brackets but have some other ideas I'm working on! Shame you cant weld a petrol tank! I could fill it with water I guess but would rather not take the risk.

Note the CCM airfilter, I like the look but know that it is likely to come at a power loss. For the moment Ive kept the stock filter and airbox.

Anyway we're hogging Bug's thread!!

Dan

Hey bugs fancy seeing you over here

Hello Lazy, Nice to see some-one familiar.

I would love to get my hands on that pipe! Is that tank Aluminum?

Yes it is, apparently hand beaten and welded by a bloke in Wales, England. It's a an absolute sod to keep shiny and I think that I've lost half a stone polishing it:lol

Hiya and welcome to TT, good to see another Brit, watch the Town Square forum tho --- they bite over there!

Hiya Dan, your bike looks great, who's this town square forum, you've lost me there. Would be great to see some pic's when the bikes finished.

Bugsy

The Town Square is just a forum to let off steam, you need a thick skin to hang out there!

Dan

Good looking bike. Like that tank and exhaust. Is this a stock engine with the same horse power? How loud is that exhaust compared to a stock DRZ?

Well Done!

Is this a stock engine with the same horse power?

It's stock DRZ400e with altered jetting and free'er breathing. CCM claim 42bhp at the rear wheel. Gearing is altered also, running a 38 tooth rear sprocket.

How loud is that exhaust compared to a stock DRZ?

Loud.:banghead: although I love the induction noise from the K&N:thumbsup: