Jb Weld

This is going to sound so stupid :bonk:, but I don't know of anyone here in Australia that uses the term JB Weld, what is it? MIG, TIG, ARC, Brazing or one of the other couple I'm missing??? :excuseme:

it is a cold weld in a tube just mix it up it comes in 2 tubes mix it up equally and apply ..

Its a two part metal repair type of epoxy like Loctites Liquid steel.

I have used it and its very effective for repairing damaged engine cases amongst other things.

it is a cold weld in a tube just mix it up it comes in 2 tubes mix it up equally and apply ..

Oh yeah, we have that here, they call it Liquid metal or something similar, I used it on my mats China bike to patch a hole in the case, after his dad shot it with his air rifle! Haha

The quick set versions are geat for an emergency repair on the trail, just clean the break with gas, let it dry, apply the epoxy and take a ten minute break.

This is the stuff I use , dont like the liquid epoxy type. Prefer the dry putty epoxy. Roll the two parts into a ball and mold into the part you need fixed. Works like a charm and IMHO works alot better than the liquid type for some situations.

http://www.pratleydistributing.com/steel_putty.html