Sign in to follow this  

WTB 05 450X carb rebuild kit?

Does anyone know where to purchase a rebuild kit for the 450X carb? I have found some for 450R models, but not sure if it will work. Please advise.

Does anyone know where to purchase a rebuild kit for the 450X carb? I have found some for 450R models, but not sure if it will work. Please advise.

When you say 'kit', I'm not sure what you mean...

You can buy the Accelerator pump parts, the float needle seat, and the o-ring for the slide plate all separately.

www.bikebandit.com

The only part I can't find individually is that center o ring. It is included in the Athena dual leak mod kit but that's $100 itself. Pretty friggin' expensive o ring! The Zipty rebuild and performance job is $125 plus shipping. I think that's the way I'm going to do it next time which is why I mentioned it:thumbsup:

Thank you for the replies. I found CRF450R carb kits that include gaskets, needles, jets, float, etc. for $29.99 on ebay. They are made by Moose Racing. Are the carbs similar enough that most of the parts will be identical?

Thank you for the replies. I found CRF450R carb kits that include gaskets, needles, jets, float, etc. for $29.99 on ebay. They are made by Moose Racing. Are the carbs similar enough that most of the parts will be identical?

Everything but the jets and needle.

What is it you are trying to 'rebuild' in the carb?

My float needle and seat were gummed up and still has a little leak through the vent tube when the fuel tap is left "on". Also, the fuel screw vibrated out and I lost the O-ring and spring. Everything else cleaned up well, but the gaskets and o-rings will be nice.

If a kit for an 05 CRF450R will work, then I will re-use the jet and needle from my JD kit and it should work perfectly.

Thank you for your help.