Sign in to follow this  

Rain in the desert!

Finally after a year of dryness it is really coming down out here in Ridgecrest.

It's gonna be a mudder today, tomorrow should be epic conditions. (unless it continues to rain hopefully we need a good soak)

Had a slight dusting of snow here in Apple Valley this morning. It melted by 9am. It's still miserably cold though.

Finally after a year of dryness it is really coming down out here in Ridgecrest.

It's gonna be a mudder today, tomorrow should be epic conditions. (unless it continues to rain hopefully we need a good soak)

Amen, I may have to skip church to go and baptize my new rear tire!

Dude , I am envious .:excuseme:

Yep, Stoddard was cold 40 deg. and wet at 10:30 this morning, we got soaked in ten minutes, but it was fun. Going to go out again tomorrow. I have never seen that many rigs their before. I think we will go to Means DL and head over to Giant Rock, You can green sticker that area right?

Yep, Stoddard was cold 40 deg. and wet at 10:30 this morning, we got soaked in ten minutes, but it was fun. Going to go out again tomorrow. I have never seen that many rigs their before. I think we will go to Means DL and head over to Giant Rock, You can green sticker that area right?

Yes you can . The JV open area ends not too far past Means DL , so to keep it legal stay on the trails . People camp and ride around by GR all the time so it must be OK .

Wonder how the guys in the LA to Barstow to LV ride are doing in the rain.

The Ord mountains behind me in Apple Valley got some more snow about 2pm. Theres some sort of jeep/Rock climbing thing out by Means. Was there last night and the place was beyond packed with motorhomes.

1128091518.jpg

It cancelled our plans for the day. We were going to take the kids on the long dirt road to the Pinnacles, but after camping for a week, everyone voted to pull up stakes, and head to Dennys.:excuseme: Have fun today, I saw the snow on the hill overlooking Prospectors, and I thought of you roosting it.:bonk:

Well it was fun while it lasted, By 4pm it had pretty much dried out due to the wind.

Today its clear and windy, I am glad I went out yesterday.

Did the Spangler to Pinnacles loop yesterday. Rained on us a little during the ride. Definitely cold but dust free.

it was great, just like last Tday out there. We rode in the off n on sprinkles all day Sat. Did about 60mi that day. It was cold if the wind was blowing.