Sign in to follow this  

250 2-smoke

I have been riding my Rm125 for some time and I want more power. My dads kx250f has a lot of power but not the acceleration of my two stroke. I was thinking of a rm250. What do you guys think.

I have been riding my Rm125 for some time and I want more power. My dads kx250f has a lot of power but not the acceleration of my two stroke. I was thinking of a rm250. What do you guys think.

Get a late model 06-08 RM250 and you won't ever think your Dads kx250f has a lot more power.

But there is a big difference between a 125 and 250 as is a 250f and 450f.

Be forwarned.

If you're tired of the 125 it sounds like you might be ready for a 250, a MAN'S bike. It would be good to bum a test ride on one. Even if it's one of the other manufacturers because even though they're all probably different they're similar.

For the record, I rode an '07 RM250 and compared to my '02 I'd be hard pressed to say one has more power over the other. Newer is probably better in the long run but it's not because of power in my opinion. Get as new as you can afford.

125cc to 250cc is the natural progression.

You will have to adjust your riding style and respect the bike or this will happen.

do you ride track or desert? I had a 125 and only rode desert, intill i needed a 250, im really good on the 250 in desert but when i hit the track for the first time, man, that 125 could of bin in handy just to learn techniques and all

In the hands of an agressive rider the 125's rewards will be bountiful. Riding skills will greatly improve along with corner speed and the ability to carry speed from obstacle to obstacle. Can't be lazy with the 125 either, lots of clutch slipping and shifting to keep the RPMs up at the max level.

What ever you choose, good luck:thumbsup:

Lots of people on TT are going to say moving up to a RM250 is the right move or it's a natural progression. I have to respectfully disagree. If you want monster torque, crazy acceleration, and ridiculious power then you should be looking for a bike with 60-65cc. Those bikes are scary fast. The major misconception is that bigger cc = more power. It's just not true. Only weenies ride 250 or 500 2st. real men ride 65, 85, and 125.

:banghead::ride::cheers::foul::worthy::foul:

Lots of people on TT are going to say moving up to a RM250 is the right move or it's a natural progression. I have to respectfully disagree. If you want monster torque, crazy acceleration, and ridiculious power then you should be looking for a bike with 60-65cc. Those bikes are scary fast. The major misconception is that bigger cc = more power. It's just not true. Only weenies ride 250 or 500 2st. real men ride 65, 85, and 125.

:banghead::ride::cheers::foul::worthy::foul:

yea im looking at a couple of super bad pw's right now. heard those were real fast

dude. you cant hate on pw's! i cleared this massive 3892347012 foot quad today on mine. its so sick. my "weenie" bike would have got maybe 10 feet!!!!:ride:

spike, are you serious. i hope not. :banghead::bonk::cheers::bonk::worthy:

I like 250 two strokes, all that torque is so much fun. 5th gear wheelies on demand are fun too.

Get 250.Its fun :banghead:

When i got RM250,it was big step from 125.You got to respect that bike,it has so much power.