07 WR450 mods ride report and comparison

Just finished modding my WR450F and went for a ride with a friend. Installed Stage 1 Hotcams along with a pro circuit head pipe and Lexx MXE slip-on with YZ jetting from the JD jetting kit. Before mods bike felt powerful but really tame when compared to my friends KTM 525 SX Racing.

My last bike that i had was a TTR250 that i dual sported and managed to rack up 40000 trouble free Kilometers. The WR was a massive improvement over the TTR but just didn't feel like it was what i was looking for. The bike was really smooth riding while going through the power curve and was a great trail bike. After trying my friends KTM i realized that is what i was looking for a hard hitting hang on for the ride type power.

I decided to mod the bike and the first thing i noticed it revved alot freer and felt more responsive. When riding with the KTM now the 525sx still has a slight power advantage over me but i think that could be fixed with a gearing change. On top end i have about a 5-10 mph advantage over the KTM so by installing a 12T front sprocket will allow my bike to top out at about the same speed and give me the slight power advantage.

Recommend anyone to install a set of cams and exhaust to bring the power up on the bike. Next mods that i will do may be suspension but the bike feels good to me now for my 6'2" 185lbs frame.