How many RX1 guys are out there?

Yamaha

I just bough an RX1 this year and can't wait to get on it. Any advice with these machines. First four stroke that I ever bought. Also curious how many miles you guys are putting on them?

I don't own one but my brother in law has 2 of them and is very happy with them, for trail riding they are a beast, heavy but perform well for that type of riding.

You can put more miles on an RX-1 than a 2 stroke could do with 4 top ends. With proper maintenance it will serve you well.

My dad has one and i ride it a bit and its a pretty nice sled. what year is yours?

It is a 2003 and has 6000 miles on it.

Well lets see this sexy sled yammiman! :banghead: Yea it's me!

i have a 2005 rxwarior. i have seen odo with over 20000mi on them on sleds without boost. best upgrade you can do to it is the pioneer 13mm front swaybar with links. it will make that sled corner nice and flat. love the power!

2008-09season044.jpg

just a few mod on mine, 13mmswaybar, olins front and rear, real cool bogey wheels, black belly pan, holtzman carb springs, cr10ek (good for 3-5hp on the dyno), low dark windsheild, and ulmer racing clutching (best bang for buck after swaybar). adding riser and seatjack this season.

I got 6700 on my apex it is close. I believe the Rx1 was based off the FJ motor, if that is really the casr I have 66000 on my FJ.

my dad had the first year they came out with the rx1 and he bought it brand new and sold it with eleven thousand miles on it and he loved it. he didnt have a lot of problems with it either.

The RX1 has a solid motor under it thats for sure. I think when we traded ours in it almost had 15K on it. I sold it to a friend and its still running till this day. The worst part about the early RX1 is that the monotube shock suspenssion. We had problems with that suspenssion over an over again.

i have a 2005 rxwarior. i have seen odo with over 20000mi on them on sleds without boost. best upgrade you can do to it is the pioneer 13mm front swaybar with links. it will make that sled corner nice and flat. love the power!

2008-09season044.jpg

just a few mod on mine, 13mmswaybar, olins front and rear, real cool bogey wheels, black belly pan, holtzman carb springs, cr10ek (good for 3-5hp on the dyno), low dark windsheild, and ulmer racing clutching (best bang for buck after swaybar). adding riser and seatjack this season.

Thanks for the post.....I rode one yesterday for a test ride and thinking of buying it.  I like that you mentioned "Riser", because you can't really ride the thing standing up.....unless you are haunched over at the waist.  It's a trail beast for sure.....I am thinking that will a riser and a bit more travel this would be a real hybrid of a machine......such sweet power for sure, and I like what I am reading about the reliability.  Believe this or not, but my buddy has a 2003 he bought new and only put 460 miles on it! Always garaged and covered....it's like a time capsule.  Had it gone through and it's running well other than a bit of overheating, and the idle was running too high mid-ride, and wouldn't settle back to normal idle unless I helped it by playing with the choke to slow the motor down, and then it went back to normal idle, but I think could creep back up. My questions really are about the riser and what that entails...cost/labor etc.....and what the carb needs to fix the idle issue.  Any comments is appreciated.....thanks. 

hey looking to get a loud nice can for my blizzard 600HO I heard MBRP makes nice ones any1 know the part number or model

Just picked up a 2007 Apex RTX.  Great time of year to buy! Only 2,200 miles on it. 

My first 4 stroke sled. 

20170423_162047.jpg

On 12/7/2009 at 6:00 PM, 03yammiman said:

I just bough an RX1 this year and can't wait to get on it. Any advice with these machines. First four stroke that I ever bought. Also curious how many miles you guys are putting on them?

my  02, break it in hard, do not baby it. Hard faced rings on hard bore coating, trail riders weren't running them hard enough and rings weren't seating up . After oil usage reports yamaha had the dealers add "ring free" (techron) to the fuel and tell the owners go run it harder.  The deep snow mt sleds never really experience the problem.  This same thing happens with many 1000cc sportbikes, it's really really hard to run one hard enough to seat the rings on the street without losing your license.