price on an 06 250

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have stated, condition is #1 and then extras that you may need. If he has a ton of stuff specific to his height, weight, riding style then don't factor it in.

But the 2006 YZ 250 is a hot commodity these days. Craigslist has multiple "want to buy 2006 YZ 250" posts. Cannot believe a "4 year old" bike was just described that way in the 4 stroke era.

NADA is worthless in this economy...the books haven't caught up with reality yet. That being said a clean 06 yz250 has got to be worth $2500.00

Its fine ive never minded being seen as an ass but besides that called him today and he backed out saying he'll only take 2900 and im not giving that so its his loss i guess

I would say 2600 for a clean 06 is a good deal. In my area a clean 06 250 is worth around 3k. I bought my 06 used with about 35hrs on it for $2000, but I also got the "I got my girl pregnant and need $$$" discount. haha

I love my YZ. Definately the best bang for the buck bike I have ever owned!

Word of advice. Don't ever make an offer unless you're at the sellers house waving those Benjamin's in his/her face. Too many times I have bought from sellers who claim "will not go lower" or "FIRM" and end up walking away with cash left over in my pocket. Works almost every time. The worst the person can say is no.

Word of advice. Don't ever make an offer unless you're at the sellers house waving those Benjamin's in his/her face. Too many times I have bought from sellers who claim "will not go lower" or "FIRM" and end up walking away with cash left over in my pocket. Works almost every time. The worst the person can say is no.

ABSOLUTELY!!! As a buyer, I won't even discuss a price until I see the bike and give it a look over. How can I, as a buyer, agree to pay a price when I don't know what condition everything is in? That's just foolish. I always tell people to come look and see for themselves what the condition is, because my opinion will invariably be different than theirs.

Agreed. Cash is always king! I have seen decent '06s going for high teens/low $2K's around here. If it is pristine (less than 10 hours) that price is OK. If not ,offer 23 $100 bills. I bet he/she will accept. As good as we all know it is, it is still a 4 year old mc.

There is a nice looking '07 in the Classifieds for $3300. Bet you could get it for high $2K's

I love it when a buyer pulls out a stack of 100s and flashes them in my face. Usually they're about 1-500 off of my asking price which is always listed as firm. When I say firm I mean firm. I've happily turned away a few guys who didn't bring the extra 100s with them. :banghead:

Day or two goes by and it sells for my price. :cheers:

Granted it's winter time and things are slow. BTW, where's a picture of this super expensive used bike?

The price I list is fair and never inflated....

I meant no personal insult; I just meant that ads that are so definitely immovable on the price don't catch my attention. I am like you. I state a price that is fair, so I don't feel the need to dicker, or to run potential buyers off by posting 'FIRM!!!!' in the ad. I just feel it is a turnoff.

I meant no personal insult; I just meant that ads that are so definitely immovable on the price don't catch my attention. I am like you. I state a price that is fair, so I don't feel the need to dicker, or to run potential buyers off by posting 'FIRM!!!!' in the ad. I just feel it is a turnoff.

Agreed. I list it pretty basic with the best points noted and then don't use the word firm. Once the buyer is genuinely interested and claims to be coming over I then tell them that the price is firm and it's up to them to decide. Usually they're over in about two hours or so.

With all that said, bikes aren't moving right now. :banghead: