US riders Pro at 18 vs. European riders Pro at 15

As everyone knows, in the US for the 2010 season a rider needs to be 17 years old to race Pro and in 2011, it is upped to 18. In Europe, a rider can race Pro at 15. Therefore, in theory, by 2011 a Euro rider will have raced 3 seasons at a professional level while the US rider will be a rookie. Do you think that we will see an in-rush of Euro riders coming to the US in 2011 to try to clean up against our 18 year old rookies?

wouldn't this cause more sandbaging? seems a little silly to me. why does the ama care how old you are to race pro?

as said, i think you will see more young guys heading overseas to race, then come back. i would if i was in that situation.

Ask Justin Barcia!

:banghead:

Kids got speed, but more than anything he looks fast(sometimes faster than he is) and needs to work on his endurance. I saw him at Unadilla, looked fast but was running like 6th both motos and faded at the end. Im still not ready to jump on the Barcia bandwagon yet...

at least our rookies will be able to read,write,spell, you know good thing to know. i think this new law is great. i can't find it but they made a video awhile back about the current crop of young pros and asked them simple questions and 5 year olds new the answers and they didn't. that is just sad

As everyone knows, in the US for the 2010 season a rider needs to be 17 years old to race Pro and in 2011, it is upped to 18. In Europe, a rider can race Pro at 15. Therefore, in theory, by 2011 a Euro rider will have raced 3 seasons at a professional level while the US rider will be a rookie. Do you think that we will see an in-rush of Euro riders coming to the US in 2011 to try to clean up against our 18 year old rookies?