Headed to the dark side........

I never thought I'd be one to head to the dark side but here it is.

08 Beta 525RS with 385 miles on it. Traded straight up for my Z. I am sure I will have regrets but I feel the need for something different. I went to the International Motorcycle Show on Friday in Seattle and caught the bug for exotics. I'll be back and I'll be watching you guys here. PS: it already has a dead battery and is impossible to start in the cold and I have only had it for 3 hours....aahhhrrrgg....like I didn't know.

5025.jpg

5023.jpg

5021.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolies Tim :moon: I was looking at one just Thursday at RMC.... hope you can get it plated:banana:.... so does this mean you'll hit some dirt with us now cause I have my GasGas and Josh has his Pumpkin:thumbsup:

It's street legal and plated off the showroom floor so this is gonna be my daily driver. I will be hitting some dirt but may do a SM conversion later...I'm not sure yet. Just gonna ride it and see what I want. It makes good power though but will need the usual upgrade stuff :cheers: This one I'm gonna get dirty. ? And guess what...a chick traded me this so be looking for her on my old bike...she is really nice and lives in the Olympia area. Maybe we will bump into her.

It runs great once started. It definitely has more kick than my Z but is geared real tall, plus the 6 speed, so hard to tell how much of the increase is motor and how much is weight and gearing related. I had no problem with the power my Z put out and I loved the bike but I am just ready for a new look and I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a new bike with no cash outlay. I will get the battery thing sorted out and I'm sure the starting is partially technique and partially the 25 degree temp. I think it's gonna be fun but the seat has been shaved and it is definitely the worst seat I have ever felt. Woe is me. lol

My CRF is very hard to start cold too (kick only) - try twisting the throttle all the way about 6 or 7 times before you kick. I'm amazed how much fuel they need and was always afraid of flooding. Once i stopped being afraid of flooding and twisted the hell out of the throttle it got much easier to start when it's cold out. Twist but no throttle when kicking. My CRF is only a 250 but it's ~13:1 compression.

Awesome looking bike - good luck !

It's street legal and plated off the showroom floor so this is gonna be my daily driver. I will be hitting some dirt but may do a SM conversion later...I'm not sure yet. Just gonna ride it and see what I want. It makes good power though but will need the usual upgrade stuff :moon: This one I'm gonna get dirty. :cheers: And guess what...a chick traded me this so be looking for her on my old bike...she is really nice and lives in the Olympia area. Maybe we will bump into her.

Saaweeeet Tim ?.........we need to hit some dirt soon?.....

BTW...you want to do the Hangover scramble with me in Washugal on the 1st? ...that will get it dirty ?

What was your DRZ ? How much was it worth ?

Check out my garage....07 S supermoto conversion, FCR, cams, MRD/SSW etc. with about 12,000 miles. I have $9000 invested in it total but it would only sell for $5000 or less in this crap economy I suppose. I wasn't looking to sell it at all I just bumped into a nice bike near new and was in the mood for something else and the next thing I knew I had a new bike. I will own another DRZ some day...they are the funnest bike I have ever ridden or worked on but I am going to enjoy the extra power, weight loss, and 6 speed tranny in the Beta. Here is my final pics of this bike. Hated to see it go.

Picture103.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Check out my garage....07 S supermoto conversion, FCR, cams, MRD/SSW etc. with about 12,000 miles. I have $9000 invested in it total but it would only sell for $5000 or less in this crap economy I suppose. I wasn't looking to sell it at all I just bumped into a nice bike near new and was in the mood for something else and the next thing I knew I had a new bike. I will own another DRZ some day...they are the funnest bike I have ever ridden or worked on but I am going to enjoy the extra power, weight loss, and 6 speed tranny in the Beta.

You need to get her to ride with us :moon: