Sign in to follow this  

California Cal City loop. Dec 13. 317 miles. Pic's and Video

Had a super fun ride yesterday out of Cal City. I did all the smooth, fast stuff that I usually do. Blackrock Canyon, out toward Hinkley etc.

They must have gotten some rain because the soil was nice.

400002-28.jpg

This is a 2.5 minute video I shot with my Flip. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrslowxr#p/a/u/0/IFNetdequbA

Out on the lake bed.

Video1300125-07.jpg

Heading home.

Video1200039-07.jpg

JEALOUS!! And....... I now hate you with the intesity of a thousand suns!

There should be a law for posting a video like that. It's like cruelty to riders that can't get out this weekend!

:moon::lol:(LOL) That dirt looks perfect!

Let me guess.....

A nice thin dry crust on top and grippy moist sand underneath?? Ooohhhh!!

Nice job, thanks for the vid!

Edited by pterry

Had a super fun ride yesterday out of Cal City. I did all the smooth, fast stuff that I usually do. Blackrock Canyon, out toward Hinkley etc.

Smooth, fast stuff.... your talking my language, and in an area I like to ride. Maybe some day we do a pig ride, swap favorite trails.

Pretty cool. I was out there yesterday too. What dry lake is that? I crossed Cuddyback and saw a guy out there on what looked like a Honda. Maybe that was you:thumbsup:

Yeah, I expected to see alot of posts about the weekends perfect weather. That damp sand is soooo fun to ride.

I got the low down perspective by mounting the camera on a tiny tripod.

That's a great video! I like the pov also like others mentioned. Great idea

Looks like perfect conditions also

Yeah, I expected to see alot of posts about the weekends perfect weather. That damp sand is soooo fun to ride.

I got the low down perspective by mounting the camera on a tiny tripod.

Ahhh so it was stationary, and you made passes and clicked the shudder? Looks really cool.

That is a very cool sequence above. Nice! Looks so good and if you stare at the rear tire it almost makes the whole thing look fake...haha trippy

This is a 2.5 minute video I shot with my Flip. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrslowxr#p/a/u/0/IFNetdequbA...........

Thats super cool!!

... love the passes, fade, and oncoming shots. :moon:

317miles, in all day light?! Thats a long day, 11hrs or less (of daylight), and 28+mph average (not counting any stops) plus camera time... Impressive :cheers:

Johnny. It took 8.5 hours round trip. It's super smooth and fast out there. We usually do a 40 mph average on this loop.

Johnny. It took 8.5 hours round trip. It's super smooth and fast out there. We usually do a 40 mph average on this loop.

Gotcha! :moon: ... still, very cool concept for your vid, I like it. And might have to steal the idea :cheers: ...if you don't mind of course!

See, we have a 700 mile ride coming up this weekend, and I didn't plan on video'ing too much of it (unless others share the helmet cam responsibility)... so that gives me some great ideas for shots trailside as the boys come whistling by.

Where does one get a "mini tripod" - I've already got the waterproof/rugged Olympus (Stylus 850SW)

Just type "mini tripod" into your favorite search engine and a bunch will pop up. They come in super cheapies for under $10 to not so small pretty good ones. For a bike the really tiny and cheap might be the way to go.

An example of a cheapie

premier-minitripod.jpg