Plated vs Non-Plated - California

With Husqvarna and KTM you can't go wrong with new bike with plate. I see it as a must now because Comifornication is such a green weenie state. Think of all the interconnecting roads in Big Bear, Arrow Head, Silverwood, Baldy, and then there is the desert area that is legal to cross the road but not ride the road for a distance to connect another area to. I thought about it for a long time and ended up with the DS bike. Yes, I have dirt only too, but think of it. If you can afford both then go that route. You can get a couple of sweet machines for both duties if you have the cash flow.

• Helpful 1

It is a must for me I can connect hundereds of miles of riding while only touching pavement briefly but I do it legally and with out worring about the law.:moon:

Exactly the reason I would give for a plate. But alas, I don't have one. May change that though at some point.

Shiz. If that video of Regulator don't change your thought nothing will.

Were is the invite for next time you hit that?

You bet! Lots of great stuff up there. Come sping it's on again! :moon:

That is right in my backyard. ?:banana:

I do not have a video to show you but, we did run into a few guys on Sunday 10/04 it got cold in a hurry. Here are some photos of our ride to Shuteye/Whiskey. The only time I need a plate is if we decide to ride the 25-30 miles to the trail head or go into Bass Lake for a Forks burger. I usually have my boys with me so a plated bike does not do me any good.

I know the area :cheers:

DSCN1094.jpg

DSCN1096.jpg

DSCN1097.jpg

DSCN1103.jpg

DSCN1105.jpg

When it's not snowing here is an idea of what you can see.

DSCN0360.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

Ride on gents!!?

A street plate in CA is an absolute must have. Most of the guys I ride with are street plated. Those that aren't plated are extremely handicapped, and either pass up excellent riding opportunities or ride in fear of getting cited by John Law.

i'd get (or keep ) plates. It's an insurance policy against the tide of closures.
If an area is closed to riding, how does a plate change the ability to ride the closed area?
A street plate in CA is an absolute must have. Most of the guys I ride with are street plated. Those that aren't plated are extremely handicapped, and either pass up excellent riding opportunities or ride in fear of getting cited by John Law.

Once again.... If an area is CLOSED how does a license plate help you?:cheers::moon: