Baja 1000 2009 on NBC

Now you just need to come to a drivers meeting late, interrupt it by saying something like 'Cameron here, I just want to say can we make a rule that all the bikes have to stay to the right:lol: when the trophy trucks come up on them....' and you will be just like...

I remember that... in '07! That was hilarious :moon:

They keep getting better but still have a ways to go.

The producers tell us that they edit the show to appeal to a wide range of audience members in midle America, not neccessarily catering to the HARD CORE off road enthusiast. If thats true, too bad they can't deliver the show to IOWA and BAMA. The bikes finally stole the show becuase that was the case with PENHALL/KAWI vs. JCR.

Robby G got shrivel-dick when BoogerDaddy threw his pass. Really nice one there.

Anyone know if you can view this online anywhere? We got screwed in Des Moines. Apparently the local station thought we'd be more interested in infomercials.

another compliment for the producers,

the heli cam work was insane

the angles perspectives on the lead bikes was insane and it looks like these guys are going super fast -they are...

those heli shots are worthy.

My direct tv has dropout, the vs channel and now this. I might as well get a antenna and save my money for another trip out west.

Whassup G- You're not down with Al Gore's VS channel???

:moon::lol::cheers::lol::smirk::lol::smirk::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::p:lol:

the angles perspectives on the lead bikes was insane and it looks like these guys are going super fast -they are...

I agree!

The helicopter found me just before tres hermanos. They paced me for quite a while and would switch sides. It was cool to see that footage used even with all the dust I was dealing with from those scooter things you guys all ride! And for all those guys giving me crap about my little wave at the end, I was waving to the JCR/Honda pit to let them know I was coming thru the dust and to be ready. :moon: Of course they were ready and got me fueled and back on the road still in the lead.

Way to go NBC! We need more of this kind of stuff!

Whassup G- You're not down with Al Gore's VS channel???

:moon::lol::cheers::lol::smirk::lol::smirk::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::p:lol:

You know Scotty I am all about the global warming and stuff. I just wish it had kicked in about 2am in the mikes loop so I would'nt have had to stop every 5 min to thaw out the popsicles on the ends of my arms.

Here are some pics of the RG pass...

DSC_1037.jpg

DSC_1038.jpg

DSC_1040.jpg

DSC_1041.jpg

DSC_1042.jpg

DSC_1043.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

Here's a little video clip my buddy took....not that great...we were a little busy running for cover

****EXPLICIT LANGUAGE****

SWEET PICS!!!

:moon:

If anybody out there recorded it I would love to get a copy.

You might want to check out the Cactus Films 09 Baja 1000 too.

I haven't seen the 09 version, but if it is like other years, it pretty much is every vehicle, every class, something like 5 hours of race footage. No fancy helicopters or announcers though.

http://www.cactusvideos.com/

hairy bush batman! (yes the one he ran over, get your minds out of the gu..)these are unreal pic's...changing of the guard i'd say..cha ching;)....comin thru comin thru:busted:

note to whisky companies, look out west..

Here's a little video clip my buddy took....not that great...we were a little busy running for cover

****EXPLICIT LANGUAGE****

Awesome!!!!!!!!! way to get out of the way!:moon: did you spill your beer? LOL

Great pics!

Pab, every time I prerun that area I think to myself "just make it through here clean" you Mr Pab have MAD SKILLS, making a pass in there is sketchy at best. You and I both know that any one of those sand whooped bushes could have end your day easily!

Getting a 90" wide race car or truck through this area is a challenge let alone making a pass stick.

See you at the LDC!

Crazy Pics! I didn't get that perspective from the TV coverage. Hey I don't remember, was Lobster still in the truck on that pass?

mtz

Crazy Pics! I didn't get that perspective from the TV coverage. Hey I don't remember, was Lobster still in the truck on that pass?

mtz

Lobster was in there screaming "Get him, go go go!"

I have to second the motion that those pictures and video are just what Baja is all about. Great stuff, love the action and who would not get all fired up when two TT are racing like that.

I need a drink...:moon:

Just got home from working in TJ and clicked on TT to see what's up and saw the pix and video, great shots! Made my day.

Cactus Films 09 B1000 vid just came in the mail today, its a gift that girlfriend got for me, I will let everyone know how it is.

Loved those two TTs battling it out! And I saw myself three times at the finish line coverage too. This is the first time since I became involved with Score racing,and before that NORRA, that I have seen footage of my mug anywhere at the races professionally. Pretty scary!:cheers::moon:

Here are a few more pics.....the craziest thing after I took those pics was my buddy yelling "Al, are you alive" enjoy

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg