Sign in to follow this  

How to keep mud off!

Does anybody know of any tricks to keep mud from caking up on your bike during a mud race? I already know about the foam in certain areas and the ole PAM trick...but anything else?

Mud looks good on a bike....If it's good mud I think it's gunna stick no matter what...You may get easier clean-up,,but that's about it.....Dr.D.....

i get this synthetic spray from cyclo i get it by the case from work it dosent keep the mud off so good but when it dries the next day it all falls off an the bike is clean underneath so easy to clean then i also use rubber hose zip tyed to the front of the peg piviot an keeps them moving the whole moto you need 2 inch coolant hose about 2 inchs split in half after im done i just throw them away an make new ones

I tested some non-stick coatings on my bike about a year ago and it worked really good. But I couldnt get the coating to stick to the plastic very good and it started peeling. It was kinda like a teflon coating called werlon.

Along with foam stuffed in certain areas, you can also slip panty hose over both halves of your front fender and you rear fender too. You'll have to tape them so they won't slip off. I prefer the sheer look, but it depends on what skirt I'm wearing. :moon:

• Like 1

it's a "dirt" bike, it's supposed to be dirty. :moon:

Maybe, but 100 extra pounds of mud will have a little effect on acceleration.

• Like 1

Maybe, but 100 extra pounds of mud will have a little effect on acceleration.

I never get mud on my bike, I am riding too fast for it to stick. Once I hit the mud and it comes up off the tires, I am 300 yards down the trail already. :moon:

I never get mud on my bike, I am riding too fast for it to stick. Once I hit the mud and it comes up off the tires, I am 300 yards down the trail already. :smirk:

:cheers: You need to teach me how to ride :moon:

Panty hose stretched over the front of your radiators is supposed to keep caked mud from blocking them.It breathes but flexes enough to shed the mud.

Other than PAM there isn't much else you can do to stop the mud from sticking. Maybe you could ride like the guy above and just go too fast for the mud to even hit you. :moon:

We need a aftermarket compagny to start making plastic that cover the whole engine bay, just a light and slim plastic in a U shape that attach to the bike with simple clips (and can be undone in 5 sec or less)

Along with foam stuffed in certain areas, you can also slip panty hose over both halves of your front fender and you rear fender too. You'll have to tape them so they won't slip off. I prefer the sheer look, but it depends on what skirt I'm wearing. :moon:

Now..that's a Guy with a sense of humor !. .He must be a Texan...keep slinging mud...Dr.D....