Motul 800t what ratio

I've run two top ends on my yz250 on Motul 800 mixed at 32:1. Everytime the piston came out very nice. As long as you jet for your ratio you will be fine. I ride my bike at high revs most of the time so 32:1 is perfect for me. Oh and to people that say that its too much oil.... I've yet to foul a plug after 2 years of riding this bike with this premix (I change plugs about every 3-6 months).

Run the ratio the manual lists, it's there for a reason.

When you put your cylinder head back on after changing the piston do you torque the bolts to some number your friend Gomer tells you to use or the ones specified by the manufacturer?

??????

What the hell does that mean?

i think hes tring to say that modern synthetics are superier to dino oil from the past and you dont need as much oil to get the job done , not my opinoin i run 32;1 min in any 2 stroke regardless what the manufactor states , my ktm sugest 60;1 and i run my bike hard on the pipe wide open in 5th alot so i run 32;1 for the added protection

With modern oils, exceeding the manufacturers recommendations just causes non burned oil, which can be seen either as oil dripping, spooge, shorter silencer service intervals or black bleeding power valve hose. Do what ever you want, but with this particular oil anything more than 50:1 is wasting a good oil and will cause more problems than help.

Fact is that most of us mortals, will never be able to ride in that level that these oils would not lubricate enough even with half of the oil given in the recommendations. And I mean 99,9% of all riders. The manufacturers already include the safety margins, we do not need to worry about those.

??????

What the hell does that mean?

It means this, almost...

Run the ratio the manual lists, it's there for a reason.

When you put your cylinder head back on after changing the piston do you torque the bolts to some number your friend Gomer tells you to use or the ones specified by the manufacturer?

Chemical engineers at this 150-year-old company synthesized esters and formulated a modern premix oil. The company tested it and recommended a ratio of 50:1. What testing have the gomers and bumpkins done to prove Motul's recommendation isn't sound?

I've run two top ends on my yz250 on Motul 800 mixed at 32:1. Everytime the piston came out very nice. As long as you jet for your ratio you will be fine. I ride my bike at high revs most of the time so 32:1 is perfect for me. Oh and to people that say that its too much oil.... I've yet to foul a plug after 2 years of riding this bike with this premix (I change plugs about every 3-6 months).

You could finely shred dollar bills and burn it with your fuel and not foul plugs. In the end you're just burning dollars.

I'm not going to argue that mixing more Motul 800 than recommended is harmful to anything other than your wallet. 50:1 is 98% fuel. 32:1 is 97% fuel. Vive la difference!

• Like 1

I have been running Motul at 50:1 in my 250 MX 2-strokes for the better part of the last 10 years. I have never had an issue. The old Motul bottles used to suggest 66:1 but I will admit that I am leary about running that lean a ratio. I can not say which ratio is better just that 50:1 works fine for me. :moon: