Sign in to follow this  

Ear Buds for MP3 while you ride

Skull Candy(sp?).I always put some sports tape over them to stop the helmet from ripping them out.I used to love riding to music.....haven't done it in a while though.

I use skull candy's also the rubber part helps them stay in my ear they work perfect cancel out noise but not all of it still able to hear my bike I love them.

Yeah, i was looking at the SkullCandy, would you guys suggest the type that wraps around your ear or just the littel rubber piece that sticks in you ear?

Yeah, i was looking at the SkullCandy, would you guys suggest the type that wraps around your ear or just the littel rubber piece that sticks in you ear?

I dont think the wrap arounds would fit I just use the stick in ones work great come with 3 different size rubber inserts for a perfect fit:ride:

When I first decided to try riding with my ipod I picked up some like these

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3697364

But, I wasn't too happy with the sound quality. I don't like the ear buds feeling all sweaty in my ear so I don't like the gel-ish kind. I haven't really found any that sound as good as the apple ear buds that come with the ipod. So I just picked up a pack of the little foam covers from Radio shack and I put them on the apple ear buds. It takes a little practice to get your helmet on without pulling them out of your ears but once you get the hang of it... life is good.

this is what i use http://www.pashnit.com/product/motocomm.html all in one helmet cam and mp3 player with brake away head phone wires and they stay in your helmet no need to put them in your ears and you dont even fill them. and sounds good real good. there not realy head phones. there like 2inch speakers. an 1/4 inch thick.

I've always just used the ear buds that come with the iPod, they work fine for me as long as I push the foam back with my fingers when I put my helmet on.

I use skull candy's also the rubber part helps them stay in my ear they work perfect cancel out noise but not all of it still able to hear my bike I love them.

Skull Candy works great. :moon:

I use The Marshmellows and got them at Walmart for around $20.00.They are like an ear plug and blocks out back ground noise really good.Although it is illeagal in NC to wear two ear phones,you are only supposed to wear one so you can hear.so if you get pulled over pull one out.