Sign in to follow this  

2002 cr250 jetting questions..

i got a 02 cr250 i just bought a awhile ago. im gettin ready to do my top end and clean rc valve and get it all dialed in. it has a fmf pipe and silencer and i was wondering about re-jetting it? anyone know a good option they used to make more power?? main? pilot? im really not to sure about carbs as far as jetting goes..

Just my opinion, take of the mikuni and throw it as far as you can. By a Kehien of E-bay and jetting will be much easier. Just my opinion. But mine works great. Its not so finicky to altitude change and climate change.

IMO,keep the carb and get the squish set on your head by RB designs,eric gorr,Pro-Circuit or somebody else that knows what they're doing.All my jetting woes vanished after PC re-did my cylinder head.

I say keep the carb too. These bikes are always jetted rich from the factory. Do a search on this site for a jetting FAQ and read up. In most cases, the pilot jet will be too rich and that leads to crappy throttle response and spooge. Get that circuit dialed in and move on.

Here's a Q&A from MXA on jetting the 02 CR250.... it's basically the same jetting I use on my 04 CR250.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=FCB9BD08D3A845BABE1816FD23E43F27

They mention a stock needle from a 2001 that works well. On this bike, the needle is the most difficult part to get right. If this needle really works, it would be a cheaper alternative the JD kit. The pilots and main jets are only a few bucks a piece.

From what I've read, the getting the squish right is a big help too. I'm gonna try it this winter while my bike is down for a while.

cool thankyou everyone! that is a good link for jetting im gonna go that way and try it out. still dont know what the squish is?