Sign in to follow this  

Buying 2006 KTM 450 EXC Tomorrow

Well It appears that I will be joining your ranks tomorrow...

Buying the Bike off Craigslist. Would have brought it home today, but the owner misplaced the Title.... He just called me back, letting me know he found and will deliver the bike tomorrow.

If my memory is correct. It has about 4500 miles and 156hrs on it. I have been informed it has a 5hrs on a new piston.

The bike starts right up, idles good. Lots of power, front end came right up in second and I am a very big guy. That surprised me.

The price is was very low, but it does need some work. Could use new rims. The rear hub has a 1/4" crack were one of the spokes come through. The rims have some slight dings, nothing major.

Once I get it, I will drop it off with my mechanics and have them change all the oils and go through the entire bike....

Now my CA street legal 1996 XR400 will be up for sale...

Once I get it, I will drop it off with my mechanics and have them change all the oils and go through the entire bike....

Congratulations on your 'new' bike.

You will be better off learning how to do all the service stuff yourself, at least in the future.

Good news is that the bike has 2008 Suspension on it. Compression is perfect for a bike with 4-5hrs on the top end. Runs perfect... Starts right up...

I dropped the bike off at 3 Bros... They are going through the entire bike...All new fluids, adjusting valves. Replacing alot of worn parts (Tires, Rims, Sprockets, Chain, Grips), adding some new parts (Kick Stand)...

I am looking at some decal kits on ebay right now.... Thinking about going with Black Plastics, but the bike has orange desert gas tank...it might look stupid that way???

Yeah, I know what you guys are thinking... Thats alot of money in parts/service...Well I practically stole this bike. I have no problem spending a few $$$ to get it to "NEW" condition.

Hmm.. are you sure about the 2008 suspension? The shock and suspension shock angle was quite different after 2007. Great bike though with a little care it should serve you well. Mine has 338 hours on it and still runs strong. (Just did its first top end at 305 hours).

I thot the same thing when i saw the 08 susp, are you sure it has it or did he just tell you that? The shocks are different but will bolt on and wont be right without some work.