Sign in to follow this  

2004 crf250r back firing

hey everyone i am new to tt. i have a 2004 crf250r had a valve job about a year and a half ago now and since the valve job only hvae rode it for about 4 hours. now i can not get it to run with out the choke on. once the choke is turned off it back fires like crazy while i am giving it gas and once i let off it dies. can not figure out what is going on. need help?

Clean the pilot jet. You can't leave the gas (with ethanol) we have these days in the carb bowl very long without having to clean the jets.

doc

i have already went through the carb. cleaned all the jets out even tried rejetting it. i have check the valves and they all seem to be where they should be

i have already went through the carb. cleaned all the jets out even tried rejetting it. i have check the valves and they all seem to be where they should be

Did you actually look through the pilot jet? What size? Checked your cam timing? Check your header pipe too, a crack in it will do this.

doc

replace the pilot jet, did you have the slide out?? if so, check the slide plate to make sure its not in upside down. I've done that before.

Did you actually look through the pilot jet? What size? Checked your cam timing? Check your header pipe too, a crack in it will do this.

doc

i looked through it was all clear. i have a 165 in it right now. took out a 155.checked the timing but will check it again. i do not see any cracks in the header pipe

replace the pilot jet, did you have the slide out?? if so, check the slide plate to make sure its not in upside down. I've done that before.

i did have the slide out. which way is the plate suppose to go on? i dont remember taking the plate off but i cant recall.

i looked through it was all clear. i have a 165 in it right now. took out a 155.

Thats the main jet, your problem is the pilot jet.

doc

i have treid to change the main jet and the pilot jet. it still is backing with choke off when i twist the throttle and wants to die. i am lost on what to do next?