Sign in to follow this  

disconnecting O2 sensor on WR250R - experiences?

Hi' all,

I ride a Euro version WR250R with O2 sensor.

I'm in the process of improving the bikes ability to breath.

So far I've removed the flapper and opend up the air box - the next step will be replacing the stock exhaust (both header and muffler).

Besides removing the EXUP and the AIS, I have the O2 sensor to deal with :moon:

Does anyone have some experience with that mod on WR250R's with a O2 sensor - can I just disconnect the sensor or do I need a O2 sensor eliminator?

I plan on running a FMF set up (Powercore 4, Powerbomb and Power Programmer), as a PC3 and Dyno run is much more expensive...

By the way - when removing the EXUP servo, are there any reason to buy a sup servo instead of just using a 0.25W 10 ohm resistor?

Regards

Tonny

Edited by Don T

I have the Euro version as well and simply disconnected the O2 sensor cables when I put the fmf header and Q4 on. Doesnt cause any engine check lights to come on like when you pull the exup servo.

I personally left the servo in place as I couldnt be bovvered to pony up for the pcb or spend time soldering on resistors. In the scheme of things it makes very little difference to the weight and skipping that second helping of pie the night before your ride out probably saves you more weight than fannying about with resistors. I am lazy however....

There are some people out there that have welded the O2 sensor back into their aftermarket system, but from comments here on other posts it doesnt seem like it made any real difference to performance. Playing around with the Fuel programmer is probably more important.

It sounds good that I can just disconnect the sensor on the WRR - as on most other Yamaha's.

Welding the sensor into the new exhaust is not an option for me, as it would thwart the work of the programmer.

As I love the second helping of pie, I'll remove the EXUP servo - and if no one can give me a good reason to spend money on a sup servo, I'll go for the 50 cent resistor mod...

My Aussie WRR had an O2 sensor, i have just installed a powerbomb, programmer and Q4. I took the safe way out and bought a Graves EXUP eliminator.

She fired up first time with all the new stuff, no error codes. :moon: I simply unplugged the senor and sealed up the connector on the loom.