Sign in to follow this  

What year head will fit my 04 rmz250

I NEED TO EITHER REBUILD MY HEAD OR BUY A NEW ONE, I HAVE HEARD YOU CAN PUT LATER MODEL HEADS ON THEM, IS THERE ANY PERFORMANCE GAIN, OR IS IT JUST BETTER SEATS? ALSO, IS THE VALVE SEATS THE PLOBLEM, OR IS IT THE VALVES? i JUST AM LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT ROUTE TO TAKE. I PLAN ON DOING SOME PORTWORK ALSO. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT.

I NEED TO EITHER REBUILD MY HEAD OR BUY A NEW ONE, I HAVE HEARD YOU CAN PUT LATER MODEL HEADS ON THEM, IS THERE ANY PERFORMANCE GAIN, OR IS IT JUST BETTER SEATS? ALSO, IS THE VALVE SEATS THE PLOBLEM, OR IS IT THE VALVES? i JUST AM LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT ROUTE TO TAKE. I PLAN ON DOING SOME PORTWORK ALSO. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT.

I believe a 05 RMZ and KXF will work. Maybe even an 06 RMZ (not real sure). If you going as far as rebuilding the head, then yes I would replace the valve seats and go with steel valves. JMO>

I believe the 05 head is the same piece of crap that is on mine now, but not 100% sure. also why stainless instead of titanium. I will not be racing it, just trail riding. I'm just looking for the cheapest most reliable setup, to fix my bike, this valve adjustment every 8 hours is to much. this is my first 4 stroke bike, and I would have never thought there would be so much up keep on the motor.

Still looking for some info, anyone? I would like to just buy a later model head, but again i am not sure what year will fit mine. or would i be better off putting seats and new valves in mine? the only reason i am trying to go to a later model head is for the oil advantages. any input would be appreciated.

get the 2008 kx250f head. bolts right up and offers easier starting, more reliability and more power

The whole 2008 KX250F engine will fit in the '04 RMZ 250. I rebuilt my head and bought a new cylinder and it's like a 180 degree difference. Kibblwhite SS valves, springs, new seats cut, hot cams stage 2, wiseco...it's a good bike now. lol

Any KXF250 2004 - 2006 or RMZ250 Head 2004-2006 will bolt on. The only exception is the 6mm allen bolts on the left. On the 2004 it threads upward. On the 2005 and later they threads down. Easy fix is to get a longer 5mm bolt and nut and put it through and use the nut to tighten, since there will not be any threads in either the newer head or your 2004 cylinder. If you need a new cylinder, get a 2005 or 2006 and you won't have this problem. Either way get the newest head. They work better and have better seats for longer durability.