Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rider Magazine TC250 Test!

141_1001_01_ih+2010_husqvarna_TC250_first_test+front_view.jpg

2010 Husqvarna TC250 - First Test

No More Excuses

By Jimmy Lewis

Photography by Karel Kramer

With the launch of the TC250 motocrosser, Husky is stepping into one of the most ferocious and competitive rings of motorcycle performance there is. It's a class that demands a light and flickable feel, but it must be backed up with solid handling. A 250F's suspension is asked to please a weight range from those just moving up off minis to overweight vets who prefer 250Fs. And the engine, maybe the most critical component, must put out juice while remaining ridable. And if Husky didn't know or understand this before, it does now.

Being all-new, the TC250 was developed around its powerplant. Pictures of this tiny engine popped up almost three years ago as it raced all over Europe in MX and enduro events. During that time Husky was looking after durability and, more specifically, to get the chassis right, and that took some time. During that time BMW purchased Husqvarna, so behind the scenes even more radical things were (and are) happening.....

Photos and complete test here: http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/motocross/141_1001_2010_husqvarna_tc250_first_test/index.html

Man your quick with the great info. :moon: Always appreciated :cheers:

I think that is a very good review, I liked the rider's opinions at the end.

Allthough it's an entirely new engine design it appears to have the same trait as the old engine, my '07 feels slower than the Japanese bikes yet it pulls very strong out of the gate and anywhere else when racing beside them. I think most riders will be able to hang with the competition regardless of them "feeling" slower.

The fact that the riders raved about the handling makes me think that if it builds your confidence in picking lines and flows through corners faster, the slight hp deficiency may be a moot point.

Edited by Silver_Fox

The last paragraph of the test was notable. All in all, this test was quite a bit more positive than the others.