Sign in to follow this  

Electric Starter Still Won't Work

The battery is charged, the starter relay has been replaced, the fuse is good, there is still no voltage getting to the starter. On the right (exhaust) side of the airbox, there is a small black "box" that the 15 amp fuse plugs into, and when I hit the starter button, there is apretty loud clicking noise coming directly from this little box. I figured I would replace that, but from the parts list, it appears to be part of the wiring harness, and only replacable if I swap out the entire wiring harness. Has anyone ever experienced this?

If the fuse is visible, that is the spare fuse. You need to take the black box apart (separate black box from rubber boot) to see the blown fuse. Also check the wires around the steering stem for worn down insulation and wires grounding to steering stem.

I had the same problem after switching my headlight for an after market one. I'd pulled a small wire out by the headstock. Check all wires round there.

what year X? changes were made. +1 on the above advice ^ , the fuse you can find is just inserted into a spare fuse holder, the REAL fuse is hidden.