Ever feel like you dodged a bullet?

Ever feel like you dodged a bullet? I was minutes away from buying a KLX250sf when when the dealer told me I'd have to pick it up and do the paper work Tuesday, because it was end of the day Friday then, giving me the whole weekend to study up a bit. Not dogging the KLX, just sayin'.

:moon:

The DRZ is just big and powerful enough, a smaller bike would have been a real bad choice for me.

Is the DRZ400 section one of the most popular one here on TT, just curious?

Seems to be quite an enthusiastic following for this bike.

Ever feel like you dodged a bullet? I was minutes away from buying a KLX250sf when when the dealer told me I'd have to pick it up and do the paper work Tuesday, because it was end of the day Friday then, giving me the whole weekend to study up a bit. Not dogging the KLX, just sayin'.

I know the feeling. Had the same thing happen to me. the day I went to put my money down on the klx, guy at the shop didn't have time for me so I went to a different dealer just to "LOOK"and rode out on my new "Z", and never looked back.

LOL, I think I dodge a bullet every day!

It is because of this forum and Eddie's experiece that led me on the pat the DRZ-SM ownership. I had been in the market for a 650 boring DS. I saw a SM at a local dealer. Did some poking, found this forum, read a bit and I was done for. I ended up buying another bike to DS as the SM is such a blast.

I do a lot of work with a local Kawi dealer, and I'm glad you didn't buy the little KLX. I's a nice bike, but it's underpowered for the street, and the suspension kind of sux for off-road. If you are looking at the 250 class bikes... the Yamaha is a much better bike, but it still doesn't put out the power of the DRZ400.

With that said... I have an old XR250 I use as my "Woods" bike. It makes a whopping 18hp, but I massaged the suspension, and it's light, and works well for tight trails. I keep it in street trim... but with my 230Lb butt on it... it's full throttle to get it up to 55mph on the street... then you have to listen to a rattly old 4-stroke spinning 7000 keeping up with traffic. The only reason I keep a plate on it, is so I can hop between trails without worrying about the cops. (I like to stay legal)

If you plan on any street miles... you won't be happy with a 250.

I've always wanted an SM but didn't know a lot of the little details about it and came across this site and the knowledge I've gained about the DRZ from everybody on here is amazing. I bought my SM 09 back in february and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made

Ever feel like you dodged a bullet?

Oh, yeah. About 3 years ago I bought a Ducati Monster 620. I'm still not sure why. It was really nice, but I think I got caught up in all the excitement of my first motorcycle after a 20 year hiatus. We finished up ALL of the paperwork, I handed over the check, and the salesman promptly drove the bike right off the ramp while attempting to load it in my truck. I took it as a sign, and the owner of the dealership was OK with unwinding the deal. (And I was perfectly fine with NOT getting a "new" bike with a scratched frame, dented muffler, tweaked rotor, etc, etc... :cheers:)

I took another year to decide on the SM. 2 years and 13,000 miles later and ?. :moon:

I dodge bullets every day - I'm a secret agent you know! (Refer to the thread - "What do you tters do..."

My cover is a salesman for a display and fixture company, not too many bullets there.

It seems in purchases though, I always get shot right between the eyes. Anyone interested in a campground in Southern Ohio? How about some hair care products? How about Amway?

Live and learn.

I have a plated E model. The KLX250S is 262lbs - same claimed weight as my 400 !!

I have weighed my KLX250 and my bud's 400 S, both ready to ride with all our, tools, junk, gas etc.. The KLX is just a tad under 300 pounds, his S is 315. So yeah, 15-20 pounds lighter and about half the power.

Haven't weighed my SM yet.... I will once its road worthy....

I was looking for a bike that I could register as a dual seat so I could do abit of trail riding while transporting my son to his sport on weekends. The DRZ400S was the only real option. I found this forum after I purchased, how luckily was I to purchase the "right" bike for me and have such a great support group.

I went to the suzuki dealer trying to decide what bike to get.. Went looking for a Bandit 600.. But then was left with the choice of sv650 or DRZ SM.. Chose the DRZ and never regret it! Even though it has let me down many times.. It stays special!

Yeah, dealer I bought my Z at had a Beta 510 (i think) that was close in price to the new Z, I was attracted to all the sexy and shiney bits on the Beta...

33K later, MAN I am glad I bought the Z!:moon:

RallyDRZ,

Please elaborate, I'm looking seriously at a Beta RS 450. Is something wrong with all the sexy shinny bits I don't know about???