Sign in to follow this  

2010 triple clamps

I need to replace the original triple clamps, when I fall the handlebar gets crooked since they are single post.

Do the 09 450 clamps are the same so that I can order RG3:thumbsup: for a 450 and intall them on the 2010 250

According to RG3's website , they do have clamps available for the 2010 CRF250.

But , I am not sure if they are the same as the 09 CRF450

If the handle bars aren't ligned up, loosen the handle bars a little then take the 17mm nut off the rubber mount and flip the rubber cones. Unless you bent the bar mounts, but I can't understand why you need to replace the triple clamp. If you loosen the pinch bolts on the top and bottom triple clamps, everything usually ligns back up straight. If you look in your manual, it shows you how to lign up the front wheel if you knocked it out of whack. If I remember right, you loosen the pinch bolts on the axle. Re-torque the right side pinch bolts. Take the bike off the stand and bounce the front end up and down with the front brake on. Put it back on the stand and torque the left axle pinch bolts.

Torquing the bolts correctly is critical. If you don't have a torque wrench, get one. The bike takes on a whole different personality when the bolts are not torqued right. It does make a difference regardless of what anyone tells you.

Charlie C: I know that procedure, but can you do that in the middle of the race:bonk:. The issue is that the OEM clamp is very prone to this problem and RG3 clamp with four post very seldom do that.

Charlie C: I know that procedure, but can you do that in the middle of the race:bonk:. The issue is that the OEM clamp is very prone to this problem and RG3 clamp with four post very seldom do that.

I understand your issue and you're right, the stock set is not real ridigid. We don't have a lot of problems with it unless he get's tangled up with someone or makes a mistake and takes a soil sample. I re-set my kids 250 and 450 frequently. A lot of guys don't realize how bad it effects the functionality of the forks when they're out of aligment. I love seeing those bikes in the pits on the stand with the side of the front fender ligned up with middle of the front tire. Must track real well that way!