Sign in to follow this  

yoshimura blues

I have been taking my bike appart for the winter to replace any broken ,bent,or ceased parts as I do for every winter .After having a full yoshimura system on my bike for only a year ,(a full trc ti ) it has broken at the slip joint where the head pipe connects to the cylinder head .I was in contact with yoshimura and I was told the pipe would not be covered under warrnty because this product was designed for the "e " model and not the s or sm .This is probably what Eddie was talking about when he said there product support sucked .I've got a friend with the "e" model and other than the sub frame mounting point beeing slightly different why would this product not be suited for my bike .Does anyone have any similar problem or had problems like this before. Looks like I'll have to get the mrd exhaust and sell the rest of the pipe in pieces minus the head pipe .:moon:

You can have it welded... but the shop needs to be competent in welding Ti. Also... the inside of the pipe must be scrubbed clean of all carbon, otherwise it will try to bond with the Ti during the welding, and make the joint weak.

I have a big TIG machine, and I've done Ti in the past... but I don't like to play with it because of the expense of the parts, (if I mess them up) and welding rods.

BTW... sorry about the crappy customer service... especially with the price of that system.

looks like I'm getting it welded.I called yoshimura and was told a replacement pipe is 350.00 .:foul:for that kind of money 'ill buy an ssw /mrd and stop advertising yosh all over my bike.

Toobad Yosh cust svc sux so bad. I actually met one of their guys David Tran at dealer expo and talked to him about how bad my bike vibrted after adding the RS2. He sent me a new mounting kit (after 3 emails and a call) and it seems to be mounted right ow. Too bad it is literally touching the left rad guard support, will probably vibe like crazy now.

Guess the best thing would be to try and sell the Ti can (should bring $300 if packing is good) and get the MRD SSW.

The fact that you put the model designed for an offroad bike on an on road bike is irrelevant, if anything it was exposed to less rigorous use than it would have seen on an E.

Call them back and make sure you get a different guy then tell him the whole story and leave out the E model part. That is bogus.