Sign in to follow this  

Rear Disc Guard for DRZ - S

I have serach the forum and found some info on this but wondered if anybody has found more options, most list in the previous thread gave referances to guards for SM's or RM250's. There are a number of guards out there but most are not for an S model DRZ, and I am pretty sure th SM's don't fit. Has anybody found a good guard at a reasonable price that fits the S or has found a way to modify one to fit. I like the Zeta but it is listed as SM.

Thanks, Bill

I believe the Zeta will fit the S too as the S disks are smaller than the SM. Give Forrest at Wheeling a cal he can tell you for sure.

Checked the Wheeling site: this one will not fit the S only SM

Rq8lEwyh0ngAAGwxk%40wAAAAB-59607.jpg

But they also show this but it has no part number listed.

fMnBIwyh0ngAAC5VRlEAAAAT-87476.jpg

Pro moto billet offers this one for the S for $60.

5280__0.jpg

The Shark Fin from Scotts is sick but will cost you $139!

199.jpg

Just got mine and the best thing about it is that it offers superior protection because it is all one unit that replaces the stock brake mounting bracket.:moon:

Just got mine and the best thing about it is that it offers superior protection because it is all one unit that replaces the stock brake mounting bracket.:moon:

Yep, that's why I like it so much. If I ever destroy mine I'll replace it with the Scotts.

I have not bought anything from them yet, but always has looked like good quality stuff and very reasonably priced.

http://store.toparracing.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TPR&Category_Code=SUZGRD

+1 on the Topar. :moon: I have both of their disk guards. They are quality and the machining and fit is excellent! You should see how many dents and scratches I have in them; not a wobble in either disk. :cheers:

I have a lightly used E/S model Topar in my spare parts bin if anybody is needing one, send me a PM :moon:

Yes, thanks that is one that I found. Most of those referances are incorrect for the S. I found a guy parting out an S in the classifieds and am just going to put another stock plast ic one on for now.

Thanks I like the Zetas, but they do not make one that fits and S, I already checked.

Thanks - that looks like what I want and in my price range, the Scotts are nice but $140 is a little steep.

I got the Zeta one, and it's cool. Had to replace the plastic one lit on fire from over heating the brakes.

this is what i use. Hope the link works. Just keep in mind that none of the products above cover the under and inner side of the disc as the oem plastic guard does.

Thanks, that is another DS Customs, I like the other one posted above and have written them about that style. They said they are out for a while but will have more after the Holidays. Thanks though

this is what i use. Hope the link works. Just keep in mind that none of the products above cover the under and inner side of the disc as the oem plastic guard does.

I got the Zeta one, and it's cool. Had to replace the plastic one lit on fire from over heating the brakes.

What model DRZ do you have?