Sign in to follow this  

05 125sx bogging

If this has been asked already sorry...I searched and searched and couldn't find an answer. I have an 05 125sx bone stock. It's a great bike. But when I mash it from idle it bogs down. My question is; is this a jetting issue or is it something that can be resolved with a powervalve adjustment? Any feedback would be awesome! Btw this is my first two stroke and first KTM and I gotta say I'm lovin it! Lovin the support too!

Definately a jetting issue. First check the floats height. If it's on the money, check the pilot Jet. Most likely it is running lean which is causing the bogging. Make sure you have a manual to get the float height specs.

If this has been asked already sorry...I searched and searched and couldn't find an answer. I have an 05 125sx bone stock. It's a great bike. But when I mash it from idle it bogs down. My question is; is this a jetting issue or is it something that can be resolved with a powervalve adjustment? Any feedback would be awesome! Btw this is my first two stroke and first KTM and I gotta say I'm lovin it! Lovin the support too!

What time of year does this problem occur? All the time? Only in Summer? Only in Winter?

If you just bought the bike, and you are all excited so you are putting up with the current cold to be able to get some seat time on the bike... it is a jetting issue but not one you want to fix. Because the bike is jetted for the summer, the cold dense air will cause your bike to react this way. This is normal! And unless you plan on riding your bike during the cold winter months... don't re-jet it, wait till summer and find out if the problem still occurs and worry about it then.

yeah its freezing and I'm def itching for some seat time. so Ill take your advice and wait. Thanks for all the help! off topic but I tried to do a big ass hill climb which is straight up for the last 15 ft the other day but didn't make because the ground was frozen lol. I was hopin momentum would carry me...

Im running 40:1. That seems to be the consensus on here and I want to treat my motor good...

not enuf info for us. Is this on the stand in the garage, on the ground in gear, coming out of corners, hot or cold motor, is the top end fresh, tell us more so we can have an answer.

Only happens when I'm riding it. Right about to hit a lip and I approach it a little slow so I mash it and it bogs down which in turn leads to a nose diveoff of whtvr I was jumping in most cases im dropping nose first four feet ino a creek bed. (I think this is due to my inexperience on a two stroke and lack of keeping the necessary rpms) however hot motor, during the winter, it has been forty or below usually around thirty here since ive had the bike, brand new top end built by a reputable guy who knows what he's doin. Thats about it. I like raptor storms answer and I think Ill wiat till spring at least and repost if I have a problem then.

My freinds and I are plannin a ridin trip to CO so Ill def. be posting about proper jetting at high altitudes.

the only problem is that usually cold weather will make it lean and it will actually run strong when its a little lean, til it quits. To get started you need to take the carb apart, write down the jets that are in it and then look into the proper jetting on the net. You can do this over the winter and be ready for the spring

I have the right mix ratio; 40:1, and Ive been riding it for a few days and it has done it every ride but I just chalk it up to having to rev a two stroke (my inexperience). It was a fresh top end when I bought it. I know the guy who rebuilt it, he builds some of my freinds fmx bikes and gncc quads so Im sure its a quality build. There weren't any issues with the carb before hand so how does a jetting issue just develope?

if all that is true then you have to find what has changed, something changed. The temp, the humidity, the elev, the air filter is dirty, the carb is dirty, an air leak opened, etc. I cant tell you which one, but the temp is a current issue I THINK.

ok...I think it's the temp....thanks for all of your help and thoughts and I will definitely keep those in mind when it warms up if this continues to be a problem! Merry Christmas!