Sign in to follow this  

Power commader for 2010 X

Hey guys I just picked up a 2010 X and have some go fast goodies on order. Mods will be full Delta exhaust, k&n air filter, and airbox mod. Now would I need to go with a power commader III or a power commader V? The guy I spoke to where I ordered the parts from said that I really do not need a PC with the Delta exhaust, but everything I am reading on different boards tells me that I will need a power commander. Any thoughts? Help? Opinions? Thanks

Welcome, congrats on the new bike, you will have fun.

Technically, the guy is right, you do not need a programmer. BUT, the bikes come lean, even run in the stock set up. If you start putting more air through the bike, it is only going to get leaner, as it would with exhaust and intake mods. If you are going to be modding the bike, as you said, definetely get one.

You can do either Power Commander, or one of the FMF (or equivalents) will work the same. The PCIII or FMF's will do what you need. For this bike, the only real advantage to the PCV is if you want the autotune. Search around for more on the PCV, there are threads on here, I think one was having problems, but I don't think it is typical.

I ran my WR-250R both with and without a programmer hooked up on back-to-back runs.

I felt the bike ran like shit without one compared to how it ran with one. :moon:

Yeah, I hate it when exhuaust manufacters make statements like that. While they may be correct, it's irresponsible to say that without including a very important caveat. When people thow-on aftermarket exausts, I'd guess a large percentage of them intend to open the air intake to maximize the performance gain. When you do that, you absolutely need to richen the mixture.