Sign in to follow this  

Hey all I am out for awhile.

Scotts Damper works incredibly well on an 09. Infact I was going SO much faster than normal I got way outside my comfort level speed wise but felt in total control.

My forks work awesome but I had complained about the shock acting up time to time and the rear end stepped out haulin azz downhill and bucked me.

Of course I went down, fractured an ankle, broke 2 arm bones at the elbow(snapped off the tips) and snapped a Femur.

Maybe I should have gotten an 08.:moon:

Man that sucks. I really feel sorry. I broke my femur about 7 weeks ago and I am stuck at home and bored to he11. Well I can get out when ever i want but no one to do it with. I used to run a Scotts on all my Honda's because they all had head shake. I got last year a 08 yz250f but did not need the dampner. I now have a 03 crf450 but did not put the scotts on yet. I am rebuilding over the winter and i think I will put it on. In the past it did save me quite a bit from crashing. Oh I was out of hospital in 2 days and walking right away but with much pain. Now 7 weeks later I think there is some bone fragments floating around my knee causing me much pain. It feels like sticking a ice pick into my knee. I will give it a couple more weeks then if it still hurts go back and let the fix it the right way. Hope you feel better soon. Tv bites and I am not really into video games.Going to try to go to work monday.

My femur was a snapped in half. I had a rod put in the leg. Hospital stay was 7 days. What I have is a 4-6 month recovery.

WOW! You are one tough sob! Damn, that sucks. I can't imagine the pain of a broken femur. I've heard they are the worse to brake. I was just going to ask you about elmappo! If you get bored after the holidays let me know, I would like to try your ignition timing. How is your bike? I may have some parts. Get well soon.

Scotts Damper works incredibly well on an 09. Infact I was going SO much faster than normal I got way outside my comfort level speed wise but felt in total control.

My forks work awesome but I had complained about the shock acting up time to time and the rear end stepped out haulin azz downhill and bucked me.

Of course I went down, fractured an ankle, broke 2 arm bones at the elbow(snapped off the tips) and snapped a Femur.

Maybe I should have gotten an 08.:moon:

Wow Eric,

So sorry to hear about this. We'll definitely be thinking about you and wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Yes my femur was also snaped in half. They put in a Titainium rod. Doc told me 3 months. Dont hurt yourself but I bet your up and around much faster. Us motox guys dont like lying around. Do any of you guys watch wacked out sports. Since my accident whenever I see some one crash I cringe a little. Supercross starts soon so at least there will be something to watch.

Wow, I really hope all of you who got hurt are young! I dislocated my finger, broke it in three place four weeks ago and still is not healed. Yes you should have bought an 08,lol. Heal up my moto brother!

Flyn Ryan

I in the same shape. Broke my femur and had rod put in. It been a little over 8 weeks. I have the same pain. I was told it was the muscles attached to the knee that were damaged and it would take time but the pain would go away. Just want to say thanks for the 4 guy stopped when they were flaged at the face of the jump but the fifth guy can kiss my _____. He landed on me and I got a helicopter ride. For all of you out there that don't understand flags and arms waving. It means that there is somthing wrong please roll the jump or stop!!

Glad to see you're home and doing well. The upside, your bones will heal and you're only out 4-6 months. It could have been much worse, focus on the positive and you'll get through it. :cheers:

On another note, I sent off my ECU to Eddie, I should have it back today. I'll be testing it out on Sunday. I also figured out the idle issue that I mentioned to you, it was just my dumb ass turning the idle screw the wrong way... haha :moon: Overall I love this bike and I'm happy with the switch to a 4-stroke.

Man that sucks. I really feel sorry. I broke my femur about 7 weeks ago and I am stuck at home and bored to he11. Well I can get out when ever i want but no one to do it with. I used to run a Scotts on all my Honda's because they all had head shake. I got last year a 08 yz250f but did not need the dampner. I now have a 03 crf450 but did not put the scotts on yet. I am rebuilding over the winter and i think I will put it on. In the past it did save me quite a bit from crashing. Oh I was out of hospital in 2 days and walking right away but with much pain. Now 7 weeks later I think there is some bone fragments floating around my knee causing me much pain. It feels like sticking a ice pick into my knee. I will give it a couple more weeks then if it still hurts go back and let the fix it the right way. Hope you feel better soon. Tv bites and I am not really into video games.Going to try to go to work monday.

I broke my femur as well. The pain was on the facing outside of my knee. The two screws that held the bar in at the knee were backing out. It was not until they removed those screws(but left the bar in) that the pain went away.

Good luck

How the heck did they back out. I was going to make another post but People that dont obey the flags or understand safety dont realize what dammage they cause. Besides being injured the monetary cost. I was lucky the track I ride i had insurance through them. But the bills I got so far were over 40,000. Not to mention I have been out of work almost 2 months. As safe as we are there is always some jacka$$ out there trying to prove something. Remember people we dont get paid to do this, Is it supposed to be fun.

Here I was before I started vomiting for 2 days. Now I am 12 pounds lighter and in a wheel chair with zero muscle tone. My wife calls me smeegle like that little guy from lord of the rings ha ha.

hospital.jpg

Wow, Eric.

After that "all four limbs?" comment, I was wondering who was the lucky person that gets to wipe your butt for 8 weeks? But your picture cured that mental image!

But seriously, sorry to hear about the crash and heal well soon! :banghead:

-Dave

Ha ha yeah David, my whole right side is still good! I wipe myself ha ha!

But I am shooting for June 6th to ride again and I am going to push for my dr. to prescribe anabolic steroids for me for 60 days low dosage to help me get there.

I got new pipe, suspension, pegs, bars and all kinds of goodies ready to go!