Sign in to follow this  

California Cal City 12/19?

Anyone game to do a day trip this saturday to Cal City? Ride from 9ish til dark.

The only catch is I'm on-call Friday night thru 4am Saturday. If I'm stuck working real late on Friday I'm gonna have to bail. Otherwise I'd be leaving my house in the San Fernando Valley around 6 or 6:30am and have a truck and trailer if anyone wants to carpool.

I'm an intermediate rider, not very fast or into super challenging stuff, but can hold my own. I'd love to check out the Rand Mtn area, haven't riden any of that stuff yet. Hoping to get at least 80 miles in.

Matt-

i would join you but i am shutting down the baby making plant that day so i will be resting the boys all weekend.

im down if i can steal a ride off of you.

but one question.

80 miles in (9 to dark. . .5ish?) 8 hours?

• Like 1

Yep, no prob , I'm up for 80 been there into j burg for lunch at the whitehouse, no Obama burgers though I'll call the boss now and conf in a minn , i'M OLD AND SLOW, but I can get us there but backs on you and your gps let pick a meet cal city or twentymule off 395

Damn You Matt I want to go riding but I have to work this weekend. HAHA I like how you say you are not Fast. What is your version of Fast huh? Have a good ride and keep it rubber side down...

Yep I'm in, but I am really slow and old, but reliable. I sent you a pm

i would join you but i am shutting down the baby making plant that day so i will be resting the boys all weekend.

I wish you a speedy recovery. You're a brave man.

im down if i can steal a ride off of you.

but one question.

80 miles in (9 to dark. . .5ish?) 8 hours?

No prob on the ride. I see you're in Newhall, maybe meet at the park n ride right there, is it off Newhall Rd? We can load up your bike and go.

80 miles is no prob in one day at Cal City with a group that wants to ride. Just going to randsburg and back for lunch will put 50 miles on the odo. Add a warm up ride, and an after lunch ride and you're prob well over 80.

If we stay in the Rand Mtn area I can see a day with less miles, but I'm sure it'd be worth it. I'd almost rather ride the Rands for a few hours, then head into Cal City for lunch, so that way I'd have some energy when we get back for an afternoon ride.

Matt-

Damn You Matt I want to go riding but I have to work this weekend. HAHA I like how you say you are not Fast. What is your version of Fast huh? Have a good ride and keep it rubber side down...

Thanks Alex wish you could make it. What's up with Tom??? Been calling for 2 days now and nothing...

Yep I'm in, but I am really slow and old, but reliable. I sent you a pm

PM'd you back

I wish you a speedy recovery. You're a brave man.

thanks i am hoping to be good to ride before the new year. we are off of work for 2 weeks (from the 24th- the 5th) and want to get out at least once but i have to see how things go.

have fun out there and post some pics.:moon:

thanks i am hoping to be good to ride before the new year. we are off of work for 2 weeks (from the 24th- the 5th) and want to get out at least once but i have to see how things go.

have fun out there and post some pics.:moon:

THE V WORD?! NOT THE V WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you referring to the park n ride off the 14? that would be off of the san fernando exit.

I can do that, just gotta find a bag big enough to hold all my stuff.

and my main concern was that 80 miles wasn't enough for an 8 hour day :cheers:

but its cool im dying to get up in the rands. looks like a lot of potentially fun stuff up there, and since i've never actually been out to cal-city just exploring would be nice. just give me a time to meet you and confirm the location and we're good!

yes indeed...the V word my friend. it is time to shut it down.

4 kids...need i say more? lol

Dammit I want to go riding. Oh well you will have fun with Bill. Have a good time and take some pictures man...

yes indeed...the V word my friend. it is time to shut it down.

4 kids...need i say more? lol

You big P U S S Y! I have six. :moon:

Any suggestions about where to get a cal city sticker before sat. before a ride

Any suggestions about where to get a cal city sticker before sat. before a ride

You can get the permit from the CC PD headquarters or at Borax Bills. I'm not sure what hours they are at Borax Bills so to be sure you are best off going to the headquarters.

:cheers:🤣:smirk: Nicely said! The recovery time isn't that bad, I rode 2 weeks after I shut my factory down, just stand as much as possible when riding. :smirk:

Ethan, maybe I'll see you guys in Randsburg on Saturday. We are riding from Dove Springs to Spangler to Randsburg for lunch. Should be there between 12pm and 1pm. :moon: